-18-

Request from mmartinez5426

"Can you do one where they are on a mission and either reader or Bucky fall in a coma, and the other person visits them every day?"

-:-:-:-

"Hey Barnes! I could use a little back-up over here!" y/n shouted as she attempted to take on the five HYDRA agents that were in front of her, fully armed.

"Okay, n/n! I'll be right over!" Bucky quickly went over to y/n after knocking out one of the guards.

The two worked together to take out the agents. Bucky was in the middle of fighting one of the agents when he heard y/n cry out in pain. He turned around and saw her clutching her chest as the agent fighting her ran off. Bucky aimed his gun at the agent and shot him before he could get away.

"Y/n! Are you okay?" he asked urgently as y/n fell to the ground.

"No, the agent fighting me stabbed me in the stomach." y/n told Bucky as he helped her up.

Bucky covered the wound with his hand as the blood flowed out. "Okay, let's get you to the quin-jet before you bleed out."

The two made there way to the jet where Natasha was getting ready to take off.

"What happened?" Natasha asked as she close the cargo hold of the jet when Bucky and y/n came in.

"Y/n was stabbed by one of the HYDRA agents. It looks pretty bad." Bucky explained.

"Okay, I'll try to get to the facility as fast as I can. Bruce can fix her up." Natasha jogged over to the pilot's seat of the jet as Bucky lied y/n down on one of the stretchers that was in the jet.

Y/n looked at Bucky as he sat down beside her.

"You're going to be okay, y/n. I promise." Bucky assured her.

Y/n nodded. "Thank you, Bucky."

She reached out and grabbed Bucky's hand. Her grasp was weak, but Bucky held onto her hand. 

Natasha landed the quin-jet on the landing pad at the Avengers facility in upstate New York a few minutes after leaving the HYDRA base. Bucky quickly rolled the stretcher out of the jet and to the medical ward of the facility. He went to the nearest nurse and told her to get Dr. Banner as soon as possible.

Bruce quickly came over to them. "What happened to y/n?"

"She was stabbed by one of the agents at the HYDRA base. She's lost a lot of blood." Bucky told him.

"Okay, bring her over here. I'll get to work on her right away." Banner said.

Bucky quickly took y/n to one of the available rooms and the nurses told him to leave so Bruce could help her. Bucky sat anxiously in the waiting area as he waited. Not only was y/n a dear friend of his, but he also had feelings for her and would hate to learn that she didn't make it.

About an hour or two later as Bucky was dozing off, Bruce walked into the waiting area. Bucky jolted up as he walked into the room.

"How is y/n? Is she okay?" Bucky began spewing out questions.

Banner put a hand on Bucky's shoulder. "Y/n is fine, Barnes. She lost a lot a blood so, she's in a coma right now."

"For how long?" Bucky asked.

"A few weeks. When she wakes up, y/n will be good as new." Bruce said.

Bucky nodded, taking a deep breath. "Can I see her?"

"Of course."

The former Winter Soldier walked into the room where he saw y/n laying on the bed. She looked so peaceful as she slept. Bucky sat down in one of the chairs and moved it so it was closer to the bed. He held her hand as he drifted off to sleep.

Over the next couple weeks, Bucky would come in to see y/n everyday. He would tell her about things that had been going on around the facility, like the pranks that Clint and Tony would pull on everyone, missions he had gone on, etc. 

"I don't know if you can hear me, n/n, but this is something that I've been wanting to tell you for a while, I just wasn't sure how you'd react." Bucky began. "But the truth is, I love you. Since the moment I met you, I've fallen so deeply in love with you. I've just been so scared to tell you in fear that it would ruin the friendship that we have, but I love you, so much."

He looked down at the floor for a moment as he said that last sentence.

"I love you too, Bucky."

Bucky looked up to see y/n smiling at him. He smiled wide as she sat up and sat on the edge of the bed. Bucky hugged her tightly, holding y/n close to him.

"I'm glad that you told me, Bucky." y/n said as she pulled away from the hug.

Bucky smiled. "I had no idea that you felt the same way."

"I always have."

Y/n leaned in and kissed Bucky gently. He cupped y/n's cheek with his metal hand as they kissed. After a few moments, they pulled away and smiled at each other.

"I love you, y/n."

"I love you too, Bucky."

-:-:-:-

I hope you guys enjoyed this one-shot! Feel free to request what you'd like to see in the comments or you can private message me! -Nicole :)