-31-

One-Shot - Under the Mistletoe

-:-:-:-

It was Christmas Eve and it was the first year where y/n got to spend it with the team. Tony was going to throw a huge party like he would every other year, but he didn't want to overwhelm y/n. The team was all gathered in the lounge, decorations filling every inch of the room. "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree" was playing over the speakers as the friends talked.

Y/n was talking with Clint and Wanda as Bucky looked at her from across the room. Since she joined the team a few months ago, Bucky became fascinated with her. Y/n had the power to control and manipulate fire. She hated her power, but Bucky always told her that it was what made her unique. He liked her a lot, he just never got the chance to tell her.

"You're staring again, Barnes." Natasha said as the rest of the group around him chuckled.

Bucky instantly tore his eyes away from y/n and back to Sam, Steve, and Natasha. "I wasn't staring." he denied.

Sam chuckled, not convinced. "Sure, you just keep telling yourself that."

"Whatever." Bucky rolled his eyes.

"Why don't you just ask her out already? We know that you like her." Steve encouraged.

"I doubt that she likes me back though." Bucky said, taking a sip of the beer in his hand.

Natasha took a sip of her wine. "Well, I overheard her telling Wanda about the guy she liked. The way y/n described him sounded a lot like you."

"There are a lot of guys in New York that look like me." Bucky contradicted. "She could be talking about anyone."

Meanwhile, y/n was talking to Clint and Wanda, occasionally glancing at Bucky from across the room. She liked him a lot, but she thought that Bucky saw them as friends and nothing more. He made her feel like she wasn't a freak, despite the words of her foster mother and father. All her life, y/n was told that she was a freak, that she would never be loved by anyone. But Bucky made her feel loved, as well as the rest of the team.

"Someone is looking at Bucky again..." Wanda said as she sipped her wine.

Y/n gave her best friend a look. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"C'mon y/n, you were just gushing to Wanda about how much you loved him!" Clint told her. "Just ask him out already!"

"I can't do that! He just sees me as a friend." y/n said.

Wanda rolled her eyes. "Whatever you say..."

The night went on normally, Christmas music continuing to play, Tony drinking way too much (per usual), everyone having a good time. Y/n went over to the bar to get herself some eggnog, deciding that it was time to quit on the alcohol. As she poured for her drink, Bucky came over to get a drink for himself.

"Hey Bucky." y/n said to him as she picked up her cup of eggnog.

Bucky looked at her and smiled softly. "Oh, hi y/n."

Y/n leaned against the counter and looked out at the team as they socialized. "So, I'm guessing that this party is nothing compared to Stark's regular parties?"

"Yeah, normally this room is filled to the brim with people. You lucked out of having to go to one of those." Bucky told her as he took a sip of his drink.

She laughed softly and took another swig of the sweet liquid. "It's good to just be with the team during the holidays."

Bucky smiled. "Definitely."

As Bucky took another drink of beer, Tony stumbled over to them, obviously drunk. "Heeeey, guess who's under the mistletoe?"

Y/n looked up and sure enough, there was mistletoe hanging above them. The team had gathered around, knowing that Bucky and y/n liked each other. Tony began chanting the word "kiss" over and over, the team slowly beginning to join him.

Bucky turned to them. "C'mon guys, we don't have to do thi —"

He was cut off when y/n placed a hand on his cheek and placed her lips on his. Her lips were soft against Bucky's and he soaked in the moment he had been waiting for since the day her met her.

The team cheered as they saw the two finally kiss. Y/n gently pulled away and looked at Bucky with her e/c eyes. She smiled.

"I've been wanting to do that for a long time." y/n told him.

Bucky smiled, shocked that she felt the same way. "Me too."

-:-:-:-

Hi guys! Sorry for not updating in a little while, but I hope that you guys like this one-shot! The next chapter of "Home for the Holidays" will be up this week and the next one-shot will be up soon! -Nicole