-30-

One-Shot - Decorating (1940s Bucky)

-:-:-:-

"Hey Bucky, can you bring the box of ornaments over here?"

"Of course, doll."

It was Bucky and his wife, y/n's, first Christmas together and they wanted to go all out. They had gone to pick out a tree and now were back at their apartment decorating. Bucky picked up the box full of different ornaments for the medium-sized tree. Y/n wanted to get a bigger one, but if they did, they wouldn't be able to fit it into their living room.

"Thank you, Bucky-boo." y/n said, giving her husband a peck on the cheek.

Bucky smiled and watched as the love of his life decorated the tree. He walked over and started hanging some of the shiny ornaments on the branches. Y/n walked over to the record player and put on the Frank Sinatra Christmas record. The song "Jingle Bells" began to play. Y/n began dancing around.

Bucky chuckled. "You're adorable."

"I know." y/n smiled as she took a bite of a gingerbread cookie. She grabbed Bucky's hand. "Dance with me, Bucky!"

He laughed and twirled her around. Y/n and Bucky danced around the apartment to the classic Christmas song. Bucky picked y/n up and spun her around. She laughed and looked at him as he set her down. Almost as if out of thin air, y/n pulled out some mistletoe and raised it over their heads.

"Well would you look at that," Bucky said looking up at the mistletoe.

Y/n smiled up at her husband. "You know the rules, Barnes."

"Indeed I do."

Bucky closed the space between them and kissed y/n gently on the lips. Her fingers tangled in with his dark brown hair. Bucky gently pulled away after a few seconds and looked at y/n with his icy blue eyes.

"I love you, doll."

"I love you too, Bucky-boo."