-24-

Song-fic - "Runnin' Home to You" from The Flash

-:-:-:-

Can't say how the days will unfold

Can't change what the future may hold

But I want you in it

Every hour

Every minute...

"No, y/n! I'm not letting you go on this mission!" Bucky yelled.

"Bucky, you have to realize that I'm strong enough for this!" y/n shot back. "Fury chose me for a reason!"

There was a mission that y/n was going on to a HYDRA base to get a data file for S.H.I.E.L.D. Bucky however, didn't want y/n to go.

"I know that you are strong, I just don't think that you realize how dangerous these people are! I've seen what they've done to people!" he said.

"I do realize that, Bucky! But I have to do this!" y/n began walking to the door. "I'm going to go on this mission whether you like it or not!"

Bucky threw his hands up. "Okay, fine! But don't blame me when you come back with the incomplete mission."

Y/n's eyes filled up with tears as she stormed out of the room.

This world can race by far too fast

Hard to see when it's all flyin' fast

But it's clear now

When you're standing here now

I am meant to be

Wherever you are next to me...

Bucky sat down on the couch and buried his face in his hands. He hated when he and y/n fought. They had been together for about six months now, so it wasn't the first argument they had, but Bucky still hated it whenever it happened. His stormy blue eyes clouded up with tears as he worried about y/n.

Y/n walked over to the quin-jet and began to gear up. She quickly wiped the tears that fell from her eyes and grabbed a pistol. Sure, she was angry with Bucky, but y/n still loved him no matter what. After gearing up, y/n walked into the cock-pit of the quin-jet and began getting ready for take off.

All I wanna do

Is come runnin' home to you

Come runnin' home to you

And all my life I promise to

Keep runnin' home to you

When y/n was on her mission, Bucky couldn't help but worry about her. The team tried talking to him about what had happened, but Bucky just pushed them away and isolated himself until y/n got back. He wanted to apologize so bad, but he had to wait.

Y/n took about a day to complete her mission and she breezed through it with barely any obstacles. She was still frustrated at Bucky for underestimating her, but now y/n just wanted to get back to the Avengers facility.

A couple hours later, Steve walked into the lounge where Bucky was sitting watching tv.

"Hey Buck, y/n's back." the blond super-soldier told him.

Bucky nodded and looked at his best friend. "Thank you for telling me Steve."

And I could see it right from the start

Right from the start

That you would be, be my light in the dark

Light in the dark

Oh, you gave me no other choice but to love you...

Y/n got everything from the jet and walked out. Her first priority was to give Fury the data file that she had successfully retrieved from the HYDRA base. Y/n walked to his office and gave him the data file.

"Thank you, Agent l/n. I knew that you were the right person for the job." Fury told her.

Just tell Bucky that, y/n thought to herself. "Thank you, sir."

Fury dismissed her and y/n made her way to the lounge to relax. When she got there, y/n saw Bucky and walked to the kitchen.

"I finished the mission." she informed him.

Bucky looked over at her from where he was sitting, he was happy to see her.

"Are you still mad at me?" Bucky asked.

Y/n looked at him. "Is it that obvious?"

All I want to do

Is come runnin' home to you

Come runnin' home to you

And all my life I promise to

Keep runnin' home to you

Keep runnin' home, home to you...

Bucky stood up and walked over to y/n. "Look doll, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have said the things that I said. I know that you are more than strong enough to take on that mission, but I was just worried that they would hurt you. You're the strongest woman I know and I underestimated you. I just love you so much and I couldn't bare to have something bad happen to you. Do you forgive me?"

Y/n answered by kissing Bucky passionately. Bucky melted into the kiss and wrapped his arms around her. He held her close as they kissed and y/n pulled away after a few seconds.

She smiled up at him and said, "Does that answer your question?"

Can't say how the days will unfold

Can't change what the future may hold

But I want you in it

Every hour, every minute...

-:-:-:-

Hey everybody! I hope you guys liked this one-shot! Make sure to leave some fall/Halloween related requests for what you want to see next! -Nicole :)