-34-

Request from @Thatnerdgirl221

"Can you do like a childhood sweetheart kinda thing? Like growing up with Steve and Bucky? Thanks a bunch!"

-:-:-:-

1923

"You can't get me, Bucky!"

"Oh, yes I can, n/n!"

A five year old y/n was being chased around by her best friend, a six year old Bucky Barnes. The two had met because their mothers were best friends, so they naturally became inseparable. Bucky and y/n were also friends with their neighbor, Steve Rogers, who was the same age as y/n.

As the two children ran around the grass, Bucky was getting closer and closer to y/n. She looked behind her to say something to Bucky, but then her foot tripped over a stick. Y/n tumbled to the ground. Tears fell from her eyes when she saw that her knee was scraped up. Bucky quickly ran inside her house to get some bandages.

After a few moments, he ran back out of the front door with a bandage. Bucky ran over to her and began wrapping her knee with the bandage. Y/n sniffled and smiled at him.

"Thank you Bucky." she said as she wiped her nose.

"Mama told me to help anyone that was hurt." Bucky gave a lopsided grin.

Y/n felt a little flutter in her stomach, but she thought nothing of it. She stood up and then the two friends began chasing each other again.

1931

"Okay, Annabelle! It's your turn to spin!"

Y/n sat in the circle of teenagers uncomfortably as her friends took turns spinning the glass Coca-Cola bottle. It was her friend Annabelle's birthday party and everyone had decided to play "Spin the Bottle."

Annabelle spun the bottle and everyone watched in anticipation as the bottle spun around the group. It slowed after a few times around the circle and landed on one of the boys in the group, John Dawson. All the teenagers "ooh"ed as Annabelle blushed deeply.

They pecked each others lips and everyone cheered. Y/n looked over to see who was next, and it was her best friend, Bucky. She had developed a crush on him over the years, but she couldn't bring herself to tell him.

"I guess it's my turn now." Bucky said with his classic lopsided grin.

All the girls in the circle silently wished that the bottle would land on them as Bucky spun it. Y/n watched as the bottle slowed and faced her. Her cheeks heated up and Bucky looked at her, and smiled. He went over to y/n and kissed her lips quickly.

As soon as he pulled away from her, Bucky smiled at y/n. He went back to where he was sitting and the next person spun the bottle. As she glanced over at Bucky, y/n had no idea what she had gotten herself into.

1934

"So, you like Bucky. Don't you?" Steve said as they sat at the bleachers at Bucky's football practice.

Y/n looked at him with fake confusion. "What? No! He's my best friend, I would never think of him like that."

Steve raised an eyebrow, not convinced. Y/n sighed. "Yes. Yes, I like him."

"Then why don't you go and tell him?" Steve asked.

"Because, he flirts with every girl in school except me. He's obviously only sees me as a friend." y/n told Steve.

"Whatever, n/n."

The two continued to watch the football practice for another half hour before it ended. Steve and y/n got off the bleachers and waited for Bucky to come off the field. Y/n smoothed out her skirt before Bucky walked over with a couple of his teammates.

"Hey y/n. Hey punk." he said with a grin.

"Hey jerk." Steve responded.

"Hi Bucky." y/n said smiling softly.

One of Bucky's teammates, Rick, looked y/n up and down and then said, "Hey y/n, would you want to head over to my place? You could get away from these guys."

"No thanks, Rick. I have to study tonight." y/n declined.

Rick didn't take "no" for an answer. "C'mon, sweet cheeks. We can have some fun."

That was when Bucky got involved. "She said 'no', Rick. Now back off."

"Okay geez.." Rick and his buddies walked away from the trio.

Bucky scowled as they walked off and then looked at y/n. "Sorry about him. Rick can be a real prick sometimes."

"It's okay, Bucky. Now, let's head over to the diner for milkshakes!" y/n said with a smile.

The three best friends walked down a couple blocks to Betsy's Diner, their main hangout spot. They sat down at one of the booths and one of the waitresses, Donna, came over to them.

"Hey kiddos! I assume you want the usual?" Donna asked.

Bucky grinned. "You know it."

"Coming right up!"

Donna walked away and went to get them the milkshakes. Steve, y/n, and Bucky talked for a few minutes before Donna came back with a tray of three milkshakes.

"Alright, we got a chocolate shake for Steve, a chocolate-strawberry shake for Bucky, and a chocolate-vanilla shake for y/n." Donna said as she set the frosty glasses on the table. "Enjoy guys!"

"Thank, Donna!" Steve said politely.

Y/n took a sip of her shake and smiled. "Ugh, why are these so good?"

"They just are." Bucky chuckled before taking a sip of his.

The friends finished their milkshakes after talking for a while. Bucky paid for their shakes before they all walked out of the diner. Steve's house was closest so, he left first. Bucky and y/n walked down the streets of Brooklyn to y/n's house.

"Hey, Bucky. Can I tell you something?" y/n asked nervously.

"Sure, what's up?" Bucky said looking at her with his sparkling blue eyes.

Y/n hesitated before saying. "I...I like you...a lot..."

Bucky smiled softly. "You do?"

She nodded. "I have for a long time."

"So have I."

Y/n looked up at Bucky and smiled softly. "I'm glad that we're on the same page."

Bucky cupped her cheek and kissed her lips softly as they stopped outside of her house. The kiss was sweet, but not to light. The first kiss they shared was nothing compared to this one. When they pulled apart from each other, y/n smiled at Bucky.

"I'll see ya later, Bucky."

"Bye y/n."

Y/n walked up the front steps of her house and looked at Bucky as he walked away. She smiled to herself as she thought back to what just happened. She just kissed the guy of her dreams. And she was happy with that.

-:-:-:-

I hope that you enjoyed this! The next one-shot I'll publish will probably be a New Year's Eve themed one so look out for that in the next couple days! -Nicole <3