-32-

One-Shot - Warm and Cozy

*inspired by a Bucky preference by @Fictional_Gecko

-:-:-:-

"Honey, I'm home!" y/n called out as she walked into the apartment that she and her husband shared.

She looked around and didn't see Bucky anywhere. Y/n put the grocery bags on the kitchen and looked in their bedroom. Bucky was sitting on the ground with his back against the wall. His head was in his hands, and y/n got concerned.

"Hey, what's wrong?" she asked as she sat down next to him.

Bucky looked up at her with his baby blue eyes. "It's snowing outside and it brought back some...bad memories."

Y/n frowned. "Well we don't have to go out. I bought stuff for dinner and we can just stay in and watch movies."

"Thank you, doll." Bucky smiled softly at his wife. "You're the best."

"I know." y/n joked.

He chuckled and got up from the floor, helping y/n up. The couple walked into the kitchen and started unpacking the groceries. Bucky smiled when he saw the familiar ingredients.

"Are you making lasagna?" he asked with a grin on his face.

"Your mom's recipe." y/n replied.

Bucky smiled. Y/n got the remaining ingredients from the cupboards around the kitchen. Y/n put on a Christmas jazz playlist and began making the lasagna. As she made the dinner, y/n felt Bucky's arms around her waist.

He kissed her cheek and y/n smiled. "Dance with me, doll."

"I have to make dinner." y/n told him.

"I know, but can't you take a break for a sec?"

Y/n sighed and turned around. "Okay."

The two began to waltz across the tile floors of the kitchen. to the music. Bucky spun his wife around and she laughed. As y/n twirled back into Bucky, she kissed him. Bucky smiled as y/n gently pulled away.

"I love you doll."

"I love you too, Bucky-Boo."

After a bit, dinner was ready and they sat down at the table to eat. Bucky smiled after he ate his first bite.

"Doll, this is delicious. It tastes just like it did when my mom made it." he told her.

Y/n grinned. "Thanks honey."

The couple ate dinner in peace and then y/n went to get into some comfy clothes. She took off her makeup and put her h/c hair into a messy bun. She slipped on some gray sweatpants and an oversized Star Wars t-shirt.

Bucky did the same, putting on some sweatpants and taking his shirt off. The two of them met back on the couch and y/n grabbed the tv remote off of the coffee table.

"So, what do you want to watch?" y/n asked her husband.

Bucky thought for a moment. "How about a Disney movie? I haven't been able to watch some of them yet."

"Oooh! Let's watch Beauty and the Beast! I think you'll like that one." y/n suggested.

"Alright."

Y/n turned on the movie and she moved closer to Bucky as it began. He enjoyed the movie and laughed when y/n acted out songs like "Be Our Guest" and "Gaston." As the movie finished, Bucky felt y/n's head fall on his shoulder and her breathing even out.

He smiled and grabbed a blanket from the side of couch and pulled it over them. Bucky looked down at y/n as she slept. He pulled her closer to him and he gradually began to fall asleep as well.

Bucky loved the life he had now, and he couldn't have it any other way.