MeiSummer Presents: The Moon on a Frozen Lake

What do you fear?

The answer to that question is something that can either alter your life or dictate the course of it. Something relatively small as the fear of getting pricked by a needle, for example, can already cause a domino effect when it comes to making decisions--

Should you go to the hospital to get vaccinated? What about that sewing class you're required to take in school? How long can you delay getting a blood test?

Now, imagine having a phobia so paralyzing it limits your possibilities in life. This is the type of trauma that is lodged so deep into your consciousness, you are not even fully aware it exists. Yet, still unbeknownst to you, it controls and consumes your being.

Faced with such a fear, what can you do to overcome it? More importantly, having done so, is it still possible to regain some semblance of normalcy?

Those questions are the the driving force behind the story of Jihoon and Ying Yue in The Moon on a Frozen Lake, the second book in the Leftover Woman Series by MeiSummer.

Jihoon hasn't slept well in years

Not since he survived the accident that killed the woman he loved.

Yingyue never leaves her house.

Not since her parents died in a car crash two years ago.

Both crippled by their own fears, the two of them should never work out. After all, two wrongs don't make a right. Yet somehow, perhaps each recognizing they are kindred spirits bound by the things that haunt them, they are drawn to each other like the moon pulls the ocean tide.

Can their blossoming romance help them break through the confines of their fears or will it pull them further down under like a leaf trapped under the surface of a frozen lake?

Find out in The Moon on a Frozen Lake, which will be published this coming September.

----

A quick word from the author:

Hello old readers and hopefully new ones,

Those of you who've read Leftover Woman know Kang Jihoon as a flirty, workaholic boss who's the embodiment of what most would deem as an ideal man, i.e. tall, rich, and handsome. For me, he's also the character who has received the most death threats from readers. To be fair, he sort of asked for it by trying to usurp the role of 'love interest' in the novel.

Nevertheless, I'd like to believe you were ultimately won over by his gentlemanly ways. In fact, towards the end, so many of you asked for a spin-off novel featuring Jihoon so here I am granting your wish. *A round of applause, please!*

To be completely honest, I never intended to write this story. In fact, I had some other idea lined up for my next book (involving Min Yoongi from BTS). While writing about Jihoon, however, he managed to charm me into putting him next on the list. I'm not sure if he's that powerful or I'm just a weak-willed author who can't say no to her characters' demands.

For those of you who haven't read Leftover Woman yet, I'm sorry for babbling about something you don't know. I guess this is my chance to invite you to head over to my page.

Why should you, you ask?

Well, here's a blurb to hopefully spark your interest:

What's a heartbroken, 30-year-old leftover woman got to do to find love in Shanghai? A blind date leads her to a wildly attractive man, who looks just like her favorite movie star. The catch? He's five years younger and aside from his looks, he has nothing else to his name.

 The catch? He's five years younger and aside from his looks, he has nothing else to his name

Sounds cute, right? Say yes, please, or this is going to be awkward.

Anyway, I said I was going to make this quick, but apparently, I lied. Before I lose your interest, I'll wrap this up by inviting you to join my #WattpadBlockParty giveaway. There will be two winners of Amazon gift cards worth $50 each. Not bad, right? You can buy several things from that. :)

Lastly, here's my shameless plug: please head over to my profile to check out my works. <3

Love,

Meixia

***

ENTER THE WATTPAD BLOCK PARTY GIVEAWAYS BY CLICKING HERE: Shortened Link to Blog: https://goo.gl/2c6YUP

OR HERE:

Regular Link to Blog: http://kellyanneblountauthor.blogspot.com/2018/07/wattpad-block-party-giveaways-summer.html