OutOfMyLimit17 Presents: Tips on Publishing

Hello everyone! My name is Kenadee or otherwise known as OutOfMyLimit17. I write mostly romance here on Wattpad such as; Something Inside, A Year Agreement and Silent Love. But I have recently dabbled in action with my mafia book The Hidden Shadow, and I am loving it!

I am so honored to be back here for the third time! Thank you Kelly for letting me back and for doing such an amazing job!!

Make sure to enter my giveaway! I am giving away to ARC's (advanced reader copy) of my published book "Silent Love". So make sure to enter as well as everyone else's, you can get some cool stuff! :)

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy my post and always feel free to leave a comment, I'm always looking for new people to talk too.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

For my post I decided to give you guys some tips on publishing. The past year and a half I got my books picked up by the publishing company Limitless Publishing, and it is has been an adventure to say the least.

So I thought why not tell you guys some things I've learned through the whole thing and some advice for new writers or writers that are thinking of publishing their stuff!

But keep in mind I am not a professional. These are just things I've learned, seen, read, experienced, and my own opinion.

These are no order but I will put a (*) near one tip/advice that I think is KEY!

Hope you enjoy!!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

To start off I thought I'd tell you guys how I got published in the first place then continue on with process/tips.

So I actually got my book "A Year Agreement" picked up from the Block Party. Yep, that is right. I think it was the Winter Block Party that Kelly Anne Blount had Limitless come on here and host a 'contest' , it was basically where you comment the link to your story, a brief description, and they would look at it. Whoever they liked would get a publishing deal.

Out of luck they liked my book and in a few months time I was signing a contract for "A Year Agreement" to be published.

The way I was picked up was kind of different then some who send in their manuscripts to publishers. I did send my manuscript for my book "Something Inside" to some publishers. I waited the 4-5 months for a response and got rejected by a few, and picked by a couple but none felt right to me. So in the end it worked perfectly for me!

Now on to the tips and advice....

**1.) IF IT IS A REAL PUBLISHING COMPANY THEY WILL NOT MAKE YOU PAY THEM ANYTHING TO PUBLISH YOUR BOOK!! This is a HUGE one. When I first started sending my book in to get published I found places that told me that they will publish my book if I pay them. I was a bit on the fence about them so I said no. Well when I asked questions to Limitless they told me no publishers should make you pay them to publish your stuff. Stay away from those.

2.) Research publishing companies. Researching the companies is key because you don't want to send your manuscript to some weird company that will make you pay, or not give you your royalties. Of course the bigger the Publishing house the more likely you will need a agent to submit your manuscript but most allow you to send in through email. But always research the company, check out the books they have published, see if any bigger authors are there and if those books are on amazon or barnes and noble. Don't go in blind!

3.) Before sending in your manuscript make sure it is more then slightly edited and that you have a good plot. This way the people who do read it won't immediately put it aside. If you have too much grammar issues it takes focus away from the story and the characters. If there are a few problems with spelling and what not no worries, because everyone has it and those can be fixed in the editing process. Having a good plot helps whoever is reading it want to continue and see potential. (This is just my opinion)