KimberlyWritesBooks presents Discovering Jesse: A Finding Everett One Shot

HELLOOOOOOO WATTPAD BLOCK PARTY!!!

This is a very exciting time for me - I'm incredibly thankful to  for giving me the chance to be part of this experience. I hope you guys enjoy this post! A little context for it - I wrote a book on here called Finding Everett. It focuses on Everett North, his best friend Lizzie Baldwin and his brother, Jesse North. This chapter is a little extra I've had in my head for a while about Jesse. It's more of a Drabble than anything else, but I thought it might be interesting to write for the party. Hope you guys enjoy this post and even more so, the rest of the Wattpad Block Party! There's a lot of amazing people who are part of it this year, so make sure to go say hi to everyone! Now then – onward!

The flight home nearly killed him. Hours upon hours of time in the air officially wrecked his nerves. Jesse almost wobbled off the airplane, feeling exhausted and tired and homesick. But now, he could finally see his family, after two years.

The last time he'd been home, he witnessed his older brother and best friend tie the knot. Now that was a memory he would forever treasure. During the ceremony, Jesse tried to remember a time when Everett's eyes had shined so brilliantly or when his smile was so bright. Try as he did, no memory came to mind.

Ever since Everett came out of his years long funk, he became a better person. A happier person. Jesse had longed for that as long as he could remember.

And now he was married and happy.

But that did leave Jesse with a few worries and concerns of his own. Like where he fit in to the scheme of things now. For years, he'd taken care of Everett and helped him. They may not have been super close but they did do a lot together. It was weird to have that position belong to someone else now.

Jesse tried to shake the thoughts away as he walked through the JFK airport. "It has to be the lack of sleep," he mumbled, rubbing his eyes and pushing hair away from his face. As he pulled his hand away, Jesse pulled a strand of curly hair with him. His hair had gotten longer over the past few months; it would need to be cut as soon as he got a good solid nights sleep.

But he would worry about those things later because to his joy, he could see both Lizzie and Everett standing by the doors. Lizzie's head shot back and forth, searching the crowds. Jesse smirked; Lizzie never witnessed his long hair days. He'd gone through a phase years before where he grew his hair out. He thought it looked cool then, but every time he saw the pictures now, Jesse cringed. Anytime Lizzie came over during school, Jesse made sure those pictures were far out of reach.

"Jesse! Hey, over here, curly!"

Groaning, Jesse picked up his pace and met the two waiting for him halfway, dropping his bags and wrapping Lizzie up in a crushing bear hug.

"We missed you, Jess," she said softly, hugging him even tighter before letting go.

Jesse grinned and hugged his brother next. "Believe it or not, I missed you losers, too." Everett grinned and ruffled his hair, grimacing when his fingers got a little tangled up. Laughing, Jesse shook his head. "A lot. I missed you a lot."

Everett held out his hand for a bag, which Lizzie promptly deposited before claiming one of Jesse's bags herself. "How was the trip?" he asked, the three of them walking towards the exit. "Lizzie said you posted a lot on Instagram, but we haven't actually heard from you in what feels like forever."

"It was amazing," Jesse confessed, memories from the trip seeping into his tired bones and giving him an extra boost. But even so, it wasn't enough to clear his foggy brain. "But I'm going to need to regale you with those tales at another point. I'm so tired right now."