JDFanFF Presents: Surreptitiously

Hi guys! I am back! I should start by apologizing to all my dear readers for making them wait for almost a year for a new update

Hi guys! I am back! I should start by apologizing to all my dear readers for making them wait for almost a year for a new update. Life hasn't been easy, I've moved cities, jobs, my children have been adapting to their new schools and lives. Unfortunately, all that took me away from my passion: writing. Thanks to KellyAnneBlount and her invitation to be a part of this wonderful anthology, I could write again, and what's best, I have started a new book, a YA story that I have wanted to write for the longest time! So thank you, Kelly for trusting me and supporting me. I hope I won't let you down. And to my readers, I hope you enjoy this new story and fall in love with its new characters! Gracias siempre! Love you all! Z.

 And to my readers, I hope you enjoy this new story and fall in love with its new characters! Gracias siempre! Love you all! Z

Emma giggled after hitting reply to her best friend's message. She knew her friend too well to know that she was in a fool mood early in the morning due to lack of sleep. Ever since they started high school, Sam has been going through some nights with insomnia. Emma had some ideas to where that anxiety came from, but she would patiently wait for her best friend to realize what she was feeling and towards whom. It wasn't her role to play.

As she finished applying the little-almost-nothing-makeup that she always wears to school she heard her doorbell rang. She knew her best friend was desperate for a cup of coffee. While she was making her way to the door, she heard her mother greeting her Zombie friend.

- Good morning, Sammy.

- Argh!

- Ok. I guess somebody couldn't get any sleep again, huh?

Emma's mom started pouring a cup of coffee while Sam sat on a stool, Mrs. Adams' dream kitchen has been just decorated and she had bought a stool for each member of her family, including Sam, she was considered a daughter to the Adams, and a plague to Emma's brother, Josh. Ever since the Adams moved to the neighborhood and Sam entered their lives, Sam's relationship with Josh has worsened as they grew. On their first playdate, Sam accused Josh of pulling her cute side-ponytail and, as a result, he was grounded. Ever since that day, Josh has made it a point to irritate Sam every chance he has.

- Morning, Sam!

Emma side-hug her friend and giggle at her grunt. Mrs. Adams poured Emma a cup of coffee and yelled for Josh to join them.