Chapter Twenty Four

Quick Note: Hey ya'll! Sorry for the late update today, I got distracted by some awesome new author friends talking and having fun at the same time I was writing and thanks to @bnlfan for introducing me to all of them and why she gets the dedication. =D

NEW CONTEST!!!!!!!!!!

You the readers get to choose Sonja and Evan's babies name!

Boys and girls names because I haven't decided on gender yet so throw out names for both. I will keep track of all your suggestions. Also, I am big on the meaning of names for characters so if you can please make sure you keep that in mind when making your choice and that the meaning has some significance to what you feel their child would be like as a person. Only one boy name and one girl name for each reader who participates.

You can let me know in a private message, on comments in this chapter, or on my facebook author page.  Just go to facebook and search for 'Amanda Nichols Author' or you can find a clickable link on the about me section of my wattpad profile.

The prize for this contest is a hand made key chain that I will send to you that will reference the series in its design, but you get to pick the colors, your favorites and two of them. (I should be able to ship internationally for those who are outside of the USA). Something crafty that I do myself in my own off time called plastic canvas.

This will be ongoing for about a week or two and I will reveal the winner later on in the book when I get to that stage in the story of them choosing a name. I have posted a link to my author page on my wattpad wall a day or so ago asking you to go to my author page and find the picture that is an example of what it will look like. And I'd advise you all to do that now as well before making your name choices. Think Unique! =D

Good luck to you all and enjoy. =)

*

Everything happened all at once. When I reined myself in, the uproar in the court room filtered back, assaulting my senses.

Loud chatter had rose as Suzanne was escorted out through a door behind the Judge’s bench. The gavel banged incessantly. The prosecution stood there dumbfounded. Evan and Mr. Kelton spoke furiously though there were smiles on their faces.

“I told you she wasn’t to be trusted,” Hollister murmured behind me.

“How would you have known that?” I breathed the question out, barely able to find my voice. Was it really over?

“Recent information that turned up.” I turned to stare at him, but he was already up and moving to leave the court room.

Somehow, the surreal feeling that it was over didn’t come. There were still questions. Suzanne was a petite woman. Jerry’s body was in two pieces. She couldn’t have moved it by herself. She didn’t actually say the words ‘I killed Jerry’ either.

The court room settled down as the judge threatened everyone with contempt. “As for Dr. Evan Jacobs the charges against you have been dropped. You are free to go. A hearing for Suzanne Erikson will be scheduled for two weeks from today. Court is adjourned.”

With that it was over. Evan was free and innocent. The uproar began again. Evan and Mr. Kelton stood and had a man-hug. His eyes rested on mine and smiled. The relief in his face was something to behold. Despite all the new questions, I let it sink in.

It was over.

I took a huge breath and stood up as the tears started to roll down my cheeks. Evan immediately came to me and wrapped his arms around me.