Epilogue

• Dedicated to AllMyReaders!

Quick Note: And here it is. The end to Sonja and Evan's story. Ugh, feels so strange completing this. Been telling this story since last October. And now this October I will probably be in the middle of writing the third book that I announced, Whispers of Revenge.

Thank you all of those who have stayed this far and either going to move on or continue reading into the sequel or other works of mine. It is much appreciated and I enjoy talking to all of you when I can. Not sure what else to say except, enjoy the epilogue and look forward to seeing you in the third book. =)

Love you all so much!!! Have a good night or day wherever in the world you are =D xoxoxox

Peace Out Yo!

*

Six Months Later... give or take a week or two.

Evan’s POV

*

Sonja was going to kill me.

I honked again at the slow traffic ahead.

Her water broke while she was out ‘baby shopping’ with Stacy and my mother. They rushed her straight to the hospital.

It was dumb luck, I was stuck in the city working on plans for Sonja and Stacy’s new business endeavor – S&S Designs, and they had some sleek looking styled letter S’s design I had to look over for their logo. I couldn’t think about that right now. The traffic to get out of the city was becoming dense and I had already been stuck in it for over an hour.

My phone rang in the empty seat beside me. Since I wasn’t moving any faster than a crawl, a snail could have passed me, I answered it.

“Where are you?” My brother asked calmly.

“Stuck on the bridge,” I growled. “How is she?” I asked more softly.

“She’s doing good, but they’re coming. She’s getting a little irritating,” Charlie said in that same calm tone. He was irritating me, but he was there and I wasn’t.

“How is mom doing?”

“She won’t shut-up. Barking orders at all the nurses.” he laughed.

I rolled my eyes and went silent for a moment with some defensive driving.

“I think a hole is opening ahead. I’ll be there as soon as I can.” I hung up without waiting for my brother to reply. He would understand. It had only been three months since we reconciled, but my twins were coming now, he could deal with a little rudeness.

Things were still rocky between my mother and Sonja, but they seemed to have had a heart to heart as well. My father kept telling me to stop pestering them about it. He called it ‘female things’. I was smart enough to follow my father’s lead, he at least, has been married for forty years. Sonja and I were technically newly-weds.

We married in a small family and friends gathering on the same beach I proposed to her, proposed properly. It was after we found out we were having fraternal twins, a boy and a girl, sticking with the plan to have a ‘wedding party’ after the children arrived.

Being the first in my family to have children, it was a big deal that everyone got along, so Sonja being emotional and pregnant encouraged me to do so with my brother after she had with my mom.

I couldn’t complain, things were peaceful within our family right now. Of course, everyone had been through so much. It was hard to imagine the trial was long over with and hardly ever mentioned. I think for the future’s sake, I’d like to keep it that way.