Chapter 4

As I step into Defense against the dark arts, I find one open seat, next to Hermione. When I stand next to her, I clear my throat and she looks up to me "Do you mind if I sit here?"

 She scoffs and pulls me into the seat "How has your morning been?" I give a simple 'good' and she clears her throat "What's your sexuality?"

 "Wot?" I ask in shock.

 She clears her throat "I was just wondering... are you and Viktor together?"

 "No." I state, before sighing "Viktor is as straight as a board." I scoff "I mean, he has experimented, but it's a negative."

 She nods, before narrowing her gaze at me "And you?" I give her a weird look and she continues "Are you as straight as a board?"

 "No." I say, quietly, before class begins.

 "Today, I'll show you the unforgivable curses!" Moody growls "The ministry wishes you not to see them! But I believe otherwise!" he nods and snarls animalisticly "Now, how many are there?"

 When nobody answers, Hermione speaks a weak "Three, sir."

 "Correct!" Moody nods "What are they?" Nobody answers, so he points at Ron "Weasley?"

 "I only know one..." he gives a nervous look, before continuing "The Imperius Curse?"

 "You would know about that wouldn't you?" he asks, before turning back to his table and selecting a bug "Your father gave grief to the minister a few years back." He whispers the spell and starts flinging the cursed bug around the room.

 People laugh, but I don't. It reminds me of the things Lucius forced mother to do under the spell.

 "Funny isn't it?" Moody asks, before flinging her across the room and I shut my eyes "What should we have her do next? Jump out the window? Drown herself?"

 Everyone goes silent and he starts again "People claim they only did You-Know-Who's bidding under the imperius curse."

 I let my eyes open and find the bug is back on the table "Neville, can you give us the second curse?"

 He speaks weakly "The Cruciartis Curse." Moody waves him up and casts the spell in front of him.

 A fire burns inside of me as I remember the curse all too well "Stop!" I scream as tears threaten to escape and everyone looks to me. I think fast and scream "Can't you see you're bothering him? Stop it!"

 Moody looks at Neville, before picking up the bug and sitting it on my book "Maybe you could give me the last curse?"

 When I stay completely silent, he frown "No?" he asks and I shake my head "Karkaroff will hear about this. So will your father." he whispers, before hissing "Avada Kadavra!"

 The tears stream down my face as he moves on "The Killing Curse. Only one person is known to survive it. And he's sitting in this room."

 I look back to Harry, who stares at him, courage bleeding through his eyes. Then his gaze locks on me and I instantly look away.

 When Moody dismisses us, I'm the first out the door.

~

 As I bust into my bedroom, I slam the door and lean against it. After a second of calming breaths, I fling myself on my bed and scream into the pillow.

 "What happened to you?" Viktor asks and I throw my head up.

 "Moody used all three curses in front of me." I state, before throwing me head back into the pillow.

 He sits on my bed with a bottle of firewhisky "Drink up." he smirks as I take a long swig of the alcohol "How many more classes do you have today?"

 "Potions." I sigh and he yanks the bottle away from me "What'd you do that for?" I hiss.

 "I heard Snape is a hard arse." he sighs "If you show up drunk, Karkaroff will murder your pansy arse."

 With a glare, I take the bottle back and take another long swig, before giving it back and starting for potions.

~

 The moment I walk in, I sigh. All of the tables are full, except one. With a drunk burp, I walk forward and lean against the open lab area "Do you three mind if I-"

 "Go ahead." Hermione smiles, and I look down at the table to find the potions book. When she talks, I look back up at her "Are you okay?"

 I nod innocently, before taking off my hat and adjusting my Durmstang uniform. Harry clears his throat "There's a reason people don't normally work with us." I give him a questionable look and he whispers "The professor doesn't really-" he's smacked in the back of the head by the professor.

 After that, class starts and the professor goes into a very boring lessons over the effects of a stupid potion I've made twenty times before.

 When I start dozing off, I feel a hand on my shoulder and I immediately grab and twist it. Only then do I find it's the professors hand. I blush a deep red and release him "My apologizes, professor."

 "Lay of the firewhisky, Draco." and with that, he strides up to the front of class and continues his lecture.

 The Golden Trio give me odd looks, but I can't find it in me to care.

 When class is over, I slip out of class and practically dart to my dorm.

 As soon as I get there, I dive into bed and scream and drink until I pass out.