Chapter 26

"They've been gone for awhile..." I whisper to Lucius. They pulled Cedric and Fleur out about fifteen minutes ago "Where are they?"

 Lucius clear his throat, before sighing and gripping his forearm "I'll be back." he whispers and I soon remember the dark mark rests right where his hand grips "And if I don't..." he gives a sad smile, before disappearing into the crowd.

 After a moment, a heavy feeling hits my stomach and I grip the railing for support and stare at the grass maze wall.

 After another five minutes, the crowd jumps up, cheering, as the trumpets start to play. When the crowd gasps and the music stops, I finally get a look at the courtyard.

 "Viktor?" I ask, helplessly and everyone looks back to me. As I start to push past them, they don't fight.

 As I clear the crowd, Lucius stops me by placing his hand on my chest "You don't want to see this." he whispers.

 Without a second beat, I try to push past him, but he stops me and I point my wand to his throat "Do you want to know what the curse feels like?" he doesn't respond, so I push it further into his neck and nod "I thought so."

 Reluctantly, he steps aside and I spot the lifeless body laying in the courtyard. A whine escapes my lips and I run towards Harry and Viktor.

 That's when I hear Lucius whispering to Snape and Dumbeldore "Voldemort is back. The boy was dead before I got there."

 Helplessly, I kneel next to Harry and he whispers "Peter Pettigrew double crossed my parents. He killed Viktor."

 "There was nothing to be done?" I ask as a tear rolls done my cheek and he shakes my head "Was it painless?"

 "Pettigrew used the curse." he whispers and a sob escapes my lips "Draco?"

 "I need to get out of here." I whisper, before bolting out of the courtyard.

~

 "I understand that you wish to come to Hogwarts next year?" Dumbeldore asks as I sit sloppily in my chair.

 Lucius clears his throat and sighs "I'm sorry Professor, he hasn't been alright since Viktor passed."

 "I'm completely fine." I state, before sighing "I just feel angry at Pettigrew. I feel sad that he's gone. I'm anxious about it happening to you or Harry. I'm tired of people asking how I feel. But mostly, I just feel numb."

 "You're depressed." Dumbeldore sighs, before grabbing a dirty old hat and sitting in front of me "Do you want to become a Hogwarts student?"

 With a nod from me, he tries to place the hat on my head, but I push his hand out of the way. Lucius grips my forearm softly and whispers "Draco, it will sort your into your house."

 Reluctantly, the hat is placed on my at and a deep, rough, voice speaks to me "Ahh, I was wondering when I'd sort you, Draco. I was also wondering who would need my services this time of year."

 "You have very little bravery in you, so Gryffindor is out of the question." the hat tells me, before continuing "And you are accepting and smart, but you make bad decisions that end with you, or others, being hurt. Ravenclaw is a definate no."

 "You're loyal, to a few, however you are not kind to others." the hat remarks, before declaring "You are resourceful and cunning and preservative, to some extent. And for that reason, it better be-"

 "SLYTHERIN!" The hat screams and the hat is moved off of my head.

 Dumbeldore smile down at me, before standing and walks to put the hat back "Severus is your House Professor. We will send you a letter during the summer."

 "So is that it?" I ask, shifting in my seat "Do I just go home?"

 "Either tonight or tomorrow." Snape states "But I would advise you leave tonight to be there when they tell the Viktor's parents of his demise."

 I nod sadly, before standing and starting out the door "Are you going to tell Harry?" Lucius asks.

 "No." I state, before sighing "It'll only make things worse. He'll think he'll need to be there with me... but we both know, if he steps foot into Viktor's house, he's dead."

 "I meant about Hogwarts." Lucius states.

 "I don't know." I grumble as I walk into my dorm room to be met with a very disturbed Harry "Lucius, do mind. I'll see you later."

 Once he's gone, Harry looks to me "I know you have to leave." he gives a sad smile, eyes red and puffy "When do you have to go?"

 "Tomorrow morning." I say, stepping forward and sit on the edge of the bed. He sniffles and pulls the covers around him tighter. His green 'Malfoy 07' jersey hangs low on his shoulders.

 As he lifts up the covers for me to lay with him, I kick off my shoes and crawl in next to him.

 Once I lay on my back, he rests his head on my chest and sniffles "You won't forget me, will you?"

 I chuckle, causing him to look up at me "How could anyone forget the great Harry Potter?"

 "You promised you'd never see me as Harry Potter." he grumbles as tears stream down his rosy cheeks.

 As I wipe them away, I look into his emerald globes and sigh "No. You're my Harry."

 After a long moment, he frowns "Aren't you worried I'll forget you?" when I shake my head lovingly, he looks at me in confusion "Why not?"

 "Because you won't." I insist, before kissing his forehead and resting mine on his "I won't let you."

 "Draco, you'll go back to Scandinavia fuck all of the Durmstang boys you could ever get your hands on." he declares, causing me to chuckle "It's not a laughing matter!"

 "You're right." I state, causing his face to drop and me to sigh "I'm going to go to school next year and fuck the hottest arse there."

 He whines, before curling into my chest and falling asleep before I can say another word.

 When the time comes, I pack my bag and kiss his forehead, before walking to the floo tube and directing it to the manor.