Chapter 7

The wedding fatiha was over, everybody's happy. The men had their reception while the women had their walima at home.

Husna forced a polite smile as another aunt squeezed her shoulder reassuringly. "Everything would be fine" she says.

It was 5:00pm and she had to come out of the room, tired of basking in her misery to eat some food only to be stopped by every relative in the house so they could sympathize with her. Most of them were leaving so she went to see them off.
Amidst their goodbyes they'd smile sadly at her,tell her it was for the best and some even teasingly assured her they'll be back in the next 9 months for another wedding.

Asmau looked at the door seeing husna standing by it. A sad knot formed in her throat,she'll be taken to her house and things wold never be the same with her sister.

They are waiting for you outside...husna said and quickly walked out of the room. She was trying really hard not to cry in front of Asmau, she surely going to miss her twin.

Asmau sauntered downstairs straight to Hajiya Hindu's room. She told her about marriage life, "be patient Asmau" she kept repeating that word,she finished preaching her and hugged her trying hard not to cry in front of her.
Mami I don't want to go...Asmau whined still crying.

It's ok my dear, everything would be fine...Hajiya hindu said stroking her cheek softly. Anty batool pulled her out of the room because the card were waiting for them outside.

Asmau!

Her father pulled her away from everyone to speak to her privately in his living room. She joined him, closed the door after her.

Engineer mahmud is a very good friend of mine, we've been together since childhood, Asmau, don't go and do something stupid there and try to ruin our relationship, don't disappoint me, tho you have some habit that I don't want but still I trust you, you have to be patient, treat your husband right, respect him with all you have, love him, don't do something stupid, allah ya baku zaman lafiya...by the time he finished his little speech, she was already in tears he hugged her telling her everything would be fine before dismissing her.

It was 8:00pm, women kept yodeling as Asmau was taken to her matrimonial home. She couldn't stop crying. She muttered a "bismilla" and entered the huge house with her right leg.
The house smelt of bakur and it was so refreshing as AC's were blasting all around the house.

My dear stop crying kinji.... Aysha's mother whispered and she nodded slightly.
Asmau kept hearing "wows" "o my god's" "heaven on earth" "holy shits" holy potatoes" obviously because the house was too big, she couldn't looked around because her face was covered.

Where is her room? Anty batool asked.
The right side is her part...a fair chubby woman says, she's mahbub's aunt.
Asmau got tired of climbing the staircase..this house is too huge...she thought.

Finally they arrived to Asmau's room.after a long nasiha by her aunts, she was left with her cousins and her sister.
What are you crying for again? Aysha asked glaring at her.

She didn't say anything.
Shut up! Ikram hits Aysha's Lap. She gave Asmau a side hug before saying "please stop crying mana, or do you want him to come and meet you crying?

She finally wiped her tears and looked up to them.
This house is sooooo...o my god, what should I even say, it's just looks like paradise... firdausi sighted dreamily clutching her chest.

I think I'd be coming here with my husband for honey moon when I get married..ikram said looking around the room.

This guy is surely a trillioner, this house is so breathtaking o my god...Aysha sighted and Asmau let out a soft chuckle.