Chapter 35

She slowly opened her heavy eyes and rested them on mahbub that was sitting beside her stroking her hair gently.

I was just hallucinating right? I knew it!"she muttered in a raspy voice slowly closing her eyes back.

Smiling sadly, he bends down placing a lingering kiss on her forehead.
Can you sit up baby? He whispered and she nodded slightly.

Ever gently, he helped her up putting a pillow behind her for support.
He grabbed a glass of water that was placed on the bedside drawer shoving it to her dry lips,she took just two sips and slowly moved mahbub's hand from her.

You're ok? He asked and she nodded slightly.
Where's Asma and Daneen? She asked.
They're with nanny rocky" he answered curtly.

And zahra? She asked again.
She had gone home but she would come back Tomorrow morning, give me a minute please" he answered quickly getting out of the room.

She heaved a sight closing her eyes and resting her head back. She knew she wasn't hallucinating, but her mind was telling her something different, even though she haven't seen Asma's dead body but some part of her believes she's dead. It's been 5 good years!

Mahbub came back shortly with muzammil, Asma and Abideen trailing behind them.
Mahbub sat on the bed close to husna side hugging her while muzammil Asma and Abideen on the couch beside them.

She felt when he hugged her so she sighed her eyes still closed placing her head on his broad chest.
Tell me maha, she wasn't Asma right? She muttered wrapping her small arms around him.

He sighed looking straight to Asma, her eyes were already red because she locked herself into husna's room that was once hers and cried.
Baby love, just listen to me ok? Mahbub whispered and she nodded slightly her eyes still closed.

Asma's not dead" he dropped the bomb and she quickly fluttered her eyes opened looking deep into mahbub's eyes. She still hadn't noticed their presence.

Look at her" he said pointing towards Asma's direction.
Your twin sister is still alive" he added with a small smile.

Husna's eyes darted to where Asma was, her eyes widened her heart beating rapidly against her chest. She let go of mahbub silently getting off the bed, she walked towards Asma with her shaky legs before going on her knees placing her hands on her lap.

Her eyes still in Asma's eyes, she stretched out her shaky hand and slowly creased her cheek to make sure she wasn't hallucinating.
Is it you? Asma? My twin sister? She muttered her voice shaking.

Asma grabbed husna's hand that was on her cheek and placed it down shaking her head.
My name is noor, I'm not your sister, but I can help you out if you want that, by replacing her" Asma tried to speak nonchalantly but her voice betrayed her by coming out shaking.

Husna swallowed a lump in her throat her heart burning up with anger as more tears continued to descend.
Stop lying to me, take a look at yourself in the mirror just maybe you won't be able to tell lies again" she gritted her body shaking.

Honey I told you she'd be stubborn, that's why I didn't wanted to help In the first place,I don't want any trouble so please let's go home,I'm already exhausted after this long journey" Asma muttured as she grabbed muzammil's hand.

Muzammil shoot her a dead glare while mahbub knitted his brows in confusion.

I see you're not ready to go home now, but you can meet me at home when you're done" she told muzammil standing up from the couch.