Chapter 23

Happy Independence Day my People 🇳🇬 ❤️who else is proud to be s Nigerian 🙏 I am 🙋‍♀️😎❤️

10th December,2019....
After 2 months....

Placing the mug on his office desk, he leaned back gently on his chair his eyes closed while he massage his temple.

He doesn't really understand why he's always in husna's house, is it because of his baby or he's starting to like? He asked himself.

Right now, he's feeling like she's dragging him to her, all his mind was on her, he couldn't understand what he's feeling, he couldn't concentrate on his work.

He huffed closing his laptop before standing up from the chair. He grabbed his coat before walking out of the office.

Lock my office and cancel all today's schedule, I'm not feeling good. He told his secretary "Laila" walking through the hall way.

Ohk sir, get well soon...she said with a smile while he just smiled softly before getting into the elevator.

He drove directly to General Omar's house and entered the guest room. He texted husna telling her he's in the guest room. After few minutes, he heard her muttering "assalamu alaikum" entering the living room.

He answered his eyes on her. She's wearing a pink gown making her huge stomach to be visible. She nervously sat on the chair opposite his with a small smile.

How are you? He asked his heart beating rapidly against his chest, the thing he usually fell anytime he's with her.

I'm fine alhamdulillah, you're back early today...she said fiddling with her fingers.
Yea, I just, it's just, I'm not feeling good...he said scratching the back of his head.

Ohhh", allah ya kara Sauki...she says and he smiles.
Everything about, every single thing you do, everything, just like Asma....he smiled faintly and tears started breaming in her eyes.

Perks of being twins, identical twins...she sniffs looking straight into his eyes.
You don't hate me now right? Or do you? She said almost like a whisper.
Even for the sake for our baby....she added placing her hand on her huge stomach.

He huffed brushing his hair with his fingers. He walked to her sitting beside her before gently placing his palm on her belly.

I don't hate you now husna, for the sake of my baby, and after all it's not your fault, you just did what you thought was right... he said with a small smile on his lips staring deep into his eyes.
"Thank you" she muttered her teary eyes not leaving his.
They spent almost 5 minutes staring into each other's eyes, he darted his eyes to her lips and swallowed hard. He quickly hit his forehead with his palm and groaned when he realized what he's doing,

Just exactly like her, you look exactly like Asma and it's driving me crazy, I... I just can't... can't control myself, I'm...I'm sorry...he stuttered placing his two palms on his face.

It's ok, I understand...she muttered fiddling with her fingers.
You missed her right? She asked looking into his red eyes.

So much husna, I just wish I can rewind back everything, I'll hold her and tell her how much I loved her, and she should feel free and tell me everything that's bothering her, just maybe she'd tell me about the guy, that stole my wife's heart and took advantage of that to spoil her life, her happiness....he gritted his body shaking.

It's ok maha...husna quickly grabbed his hands panicking,  she hates seeing him in that situation, it scares her.
By the mere mention of "maha" his body instantly stopped shaking and he started deeply into her eyes. He pulled her into a tight hug and a sob escaped from his lips.