Chapter 14

Husna went inside the toilet for the fifth time throwing up, she'd been sick since she got back from Asmau's house, she couldn't go to her office today

Hajiya hindu took her to the hospital and the doctor told them it was typhoid. He prescribed some drugs for her and they went back home.

Husna what will you do now? About your office, you just started it, it's 5days now...Gen omar said stroking husna's hair that was on his lap gently.

I'll just call my boss daddy, he's a very understanding man, I'm sure he'll understand, and besides I'm fine now, I can resume tomorrow...husna explained.

Nooo. That's not going to happen, you're not perfectly fine, just call him and tell him you need time to rest because you're sick...said Gen.omar.

Ok daddy...husna huffed.
After praying magrib,she strolled downstairs and she'd dinner together with her parent, she walked back to her room and flopped on her bed.

She picked up her phone and dialed Mr Ibrahim's number, her boss.
Good day mr Ibrahim...she greeted silently.

How are you doing miss omar? He asked.
I'm doing good sir, but I have a little problem that's why you didn't see me at the office today..she said nervously scratching the back of her head as if he was in front of her.

Ohhh yea, I noticed you weren't around today, what happened? I hope all is well? He asked worriedly.

She smiled before answering him."it's just fever sir, typhoid fever"

Ohhh no, o my god! How are you feeling now miss omar? He asked worriedly and she smiled in satisfaction, he's very understanding.

I'm well now sir, you need not to worry...she replied him with a smile on her lips.

You know what miss omar? You can take 2weeks to rest and recover fully, I know how thyroid fever is,it's not easy...he blurted out.

Noo sir, don't worry, I'm well now, I can return to work tomorrow...she quickly said. 2weeks is too much for her, she'll just be bored at home.

Miss omar, today is 21st of March right? So you'll return to work by 5th of April insha allah and that's final, you need to rest, don't stress yourself too much...he said with finality in his voice.

She huffed and closed her eyes, she knew she'll do the begging of her life but mr Ibrahim wouldn't let her return to work anytime soon, she'll miss many things! She thought.

Ok sir, thank you...she said curtly.
You're welcome, my regards to general omar...he said before ending the call.

What would I do with this 2 weeks? Just staying at home? And gradually boredom would kill me! She thought and groaned.

She called haula and told her about her sickness and what she discussed with mr Ibrahim, haula was happy saying she wished it was her, she'll rest for 2 weeks, but she felt sorry for her because of the sickness and she promised to visit her tomorrow.
********
It's been 5 days, 5 freaking days, Asmau has just 2 days left but couldn't find the right way to approach mahbub.