10 - Little Things

Not Proofread

..........

".... ......so, aparajita still went ahead and went through my stuffs and took the top after I clearly told her not to. When I came back home from my friends house, she wasn't back and I had no idea she has taken it. I went to my room and saw my wardrobe open, clearly not the way I left it. I checked for the too and it wasn't there, I was so angry I shouted out calling out mother. U remember our mum, getting scared with the way I called her out that she came in a run to see what was wrong..." Aditi said into the phone where Zain patiently listened.

".. when mamma came arrived, I was almost crying as i told her what happened and she got really annoyed with the way i scared, she was like ' adi, she is your little sister, you have to be patient with her' I got very angry with the way she didn't take me seriously but I kept quiet. I sat down in my room and waited for Apu to come back and as soon as she did, u told her to remove my top and give it to me and she was like, let me go to my room, I will remove it and bring it to you and u said no, remove it right here, right now. She tried to beg to let her go to her room telling me that she doesn't have anything under and I told her I don't care, she has to remove it at that instant. Seeing that she had no way out, she removed it, while crying a little bit and gave it to me. It was very satisfying was I saw her trying to cover her body with her bag while escaping to her room." Aditi said with a giggle making Zain smile a bit. No matter what, the sound of Aditis giggle or laugher can always make him smile. However bad his mood might be.

"But Aditi, don't you think that was a little extreme?" He asked her feeling bad for what aparajita has gone through.

"To be honest, now that I think about it, I feel bad and also think I might have gone extreme but at that time, u only wanted to annoy her just like she had me annoyed and angry." She said with a cut voice and Zain could almost see the pout on her face he is sure she would be sporting now.

"I mean, it is her fault..." She continued, "it was a brand new top and it was expensive and was for a specific occasion and I specifically told her, warned her not to take it but she did, so I punished her".

She was quite for some moments before she said, "you know Zain, now that I am here alone in Mumbai, I really miss her and wish she would take out my expensive new dresses to wear out. I really miss home" her tone is suddenly sober and sad and wistful.

Hearing, her tone like that,it feels like his heart is being squeezed and Zain didn't like it at all so he is quick to distract her.

He said, "I am very sure she is not the only sister that steals things out if the others room, you must have done it too".

Zain knew Aditi would be quick to defend herself and he smiled when Aditi started saying, " come on Zain, why would I do do that. I have never done that"
"Hmm, are you sure you are saying the truth because I don't believe it at all"
"Come on ZAIN, do I look like someone who will take things from her younger ones?"

"I don't know, you tell me. Do you? ", he said teasingly.

"Zain!" Aditis called from the from phone.

"Aditi!" He imitated her. He is so close to bursting out laughing. From her tone and also because he is so happy to have distracted her from being sad over missing home.

*Zainu!" She called again, getting irritated with the way he is teasing her.

"Adu!" He said again with a wide smile on his face.

"You.." she started saying all riled up and that is the last straw for Zain, he burst out laughing loudly. Moments like this with Aditi where he can easily push her buttons are what makes him carry on with whatever there relationship is.

Aditi didn't want to at first, but hearing his soulful laugh from the phone made her Forget all her irritation.
The moment a smile graced her face, she doesn't know but she does have a full grin on her face now.

"Sorry, sorry" Zain said when he finished laughing.
"So....." He started saying. From there on, thee conversation just continued rolling and they only said goodnight when they were both extremely sleeping.
"Goodnight Aditi"
"Goodnight Zain"

.....

It started 2 weeks ago when Aditi called him to talk on the phone. Though Zain at that time was not welcoming to the idea, but now, it is something he looks forward to everyday.
That last call of the day. With Aditi. From or To Aditi.
That's all he needs to make his day perfect.
It's all he need to sleep with a smile on his face.

......
Hello fellas, long time.
I am sorry for not updating but i was just not myself all these days. I have been feeling lousy and just not okay in general.
My mood swings have been extremely extreme too.
Vote and COMMENT please.
And do tell how you found it.