11 - VULNERABILITY

NOTE: NOT PROOFREAD

Notice : I need 200+(in all my chapters, please go back and vote if you haven't done so on the previous updates) votes and 30+ comments to update.

...... ....

Zain is starting to get pissed and to be honest, he is also starting to question what he is doing.
He has been standing in front of the vanity mirror in Aditis bedroom, leaving on it actually, in her apartment with her, Aditi, sitting on her bed, quiet and not saying anything.
She has been just quietly staring at the wall to the right of say.
Thyme have been like this for more Han 15 minutes and Zain is starting to feel invisible and annoyed.
He had not been in the best of moods when she called him.
Actually, he had been angry, pissed about things, nothing in particular and everyone and everything around him. He had woken up that day just feeling foul and due to the fact that it is there free day, no shooting, he had decided to stay in his bed for as long as he can, just brooding when he received a call from Aditi.
When his phone started ringing, he had all the intentions of ignoring whoever it was calling him, but something made him check the phone to see the caller ID and seeing that it was Aditi, he responded to the call hoping, maybe hearing her voice will make him feel better.
The call has been short, very short. 15 seconds or so.
She had just said " can you come over to mine please" as soon as he had picked up the phone. "Why? " he asked. "Please" she said, "okay " and that was it.
There was something in heat voice that just made him abandon his plans of staying in bed for as long as he can, feeling like shit, brooding and angry, something he can't describe.
It might be the desperation or the urgency, but there was something.
..
"You called me here"

"Yes"
"To talk I assume "

"Yes"

"But you are not talking"

"Yes"

"Can you say anything apart from yes?"

He asked getting irked with the repeatative answer she is giving him.

"OK"

"Okay?"
He asked feeling incredibly pissed with her.
"Okay? Seriously Aditi, okay? Is that all you can say to me right now?"

She kept quiet. She doesn't really know what to say to him.

He strengthen himself from what he had been leaning on in front of her.

"What are you doing?"
She asked, looking at his movements.

"Why? I am leaving"

He gave her a short answer.

She stood from where she had been sitting.
"Leaving? But why?"

She asked sounding all scared and desperate.

"Yes leaving and because I don't see much that I am doing here."

"Stay, Please don't go, please don't leave. Stay with me please Zain, stay with with me"

She said as she held his hand, looking at him all so scared.

Looking at her in the eye, seeing her all broken and scared, Zain knew that he can never leave her. Especially not when she is like this.

"Okay" he breathes.
"Okay I will stay"

She let out a breath she didn't even know she had been holding and moved to hug him.

She breathes in his smell that she associates only with him and loves so much.
He smells crisp and fresh with a hint of fresh green apples and lime.
It is a smell that brings her comfort.
Its like when she feels that smell around her, she knows that she has someone that loves her around, someone that cares for her, someone that feels like home to her and someone that is Zain.

She stood like that in his arms saying nothing for a long time, Zain has even given up hope that she will say something when he heard her say, very quietly. He couldn't have have mussed it had he not been paying attention to her.

"I am scared"

"Why Aditi?"
He asked her.

She kept quiet, not answering because she doesn't even know what to answer with.

"What are you scared for? " he pushed hoping she would answer this time around.

"i don't know, maybe just because".

They were both quiet for sometime when she starts to talk again.

"I am sorry"

This this, he didn't even have to ask why because he knows why she is apologizing to him.

"I know"
He simply and quietly because it hurts, so damn much.

"I feel lonely"
She said again after some moments have passed.

"Don't be, I am right here"

"But you will leave"
She said in a quiet voice and it broke his heart.

"I won't"

"You Promise?"

He kissed her on her forehead before he said,
"I promise I will always be there, whenever and wherever you will need me. I will always be there for you Aditi"

.....

Much later, in the middle of the night, Aditi lay awake on her bed, with her head on the chest of Zain. She can feel his steady breathing indicating that he is asleep. She thought about why she felt so broken and panicked she woke up this morning. IT was because of Zain himself.

He had been acting withdrawn and distant with her for the last few days and she panicked. Panicked that he will leave her.
What scared her the most is how dependent. Emotionally she is with him.

She had promised herself to not get attached. To not let emotions rule. To just have fun and enjoy having someone that cares for her selflessly, someone she cares for.

She wanted them have have fun, she didn't want to be emotionally dependent and that is exactly what is happening and she is scared.

Scared for herself. Scared for him. Scare for them. Scared for everything.

She doesn't love him, not like he does and that's why she apologized to him earlier, but Now as she thinks about it, she doesn't know how long it will be before she can't even claim that.

To love is a beautiful thing and to have someone to lean on emotionally is also beautiful. But being vulnerable to someone is a scary thing.

She has never been vulnerable to someone in her her life and now, she doesn't know how long it will be before she can't claim that too.

She is scared of the answer she will give to herself the next time she asks herself if she is vulnerable to someone or not.

.....
Filler update. Sorry for taking this long without an update, I promise I have a very good reason.
If you guys want to know, tell me and I will explain to you why.
The next update comes after I get 200+ votes and 30+ comments. I need motivation to write. A really big and strong motivation.
Thank you.