i. | article

INFINITY WAR : THE RETURN OF ARTEMIS
By : Ivanna West

INFINITY WAR : THE RETURN OF ARTEMISBy : Ivanna West

Yes, you read that right.

Marvel has confirmed that Artemis, who is played by the one and only Adamaris Xaviers, will be making a comeback in the upcoming film entitled Avengers : Infinity War.

Named after the goddess of hunt, Artemis is a demigoddess with incredible archery skills that can compete with the Avengers' Hawkeye's. Not only is she an archer but Artemis also has the ability to use the moon's power to her own liking and teleport, as well as shape shift. She and her brother Apollo first appeared during Thor : The Dark World and showed up during Avengers : Age of Ultron but hasn't been seen since then.

Adamaris Xaviers, the actress who plays the demigoddess, has said that Artemis and Apollo only fight Earth's battles when the threat is serious or if it contains one of the Infinity Stones.

When asked about the upcoming movie, Xaviers couldn't hold back her smile. "It's extremely exciting," she informed us during an interview. "The set has felt like home so I'm glad to be able to go back again." Xaviers also said that she was both curious and excited to meet her new costars and see how they would bring their characters to life.

Prior to signing a contract with Marvel Studios, Adamaris began with her modeling career alongside her best friend Guinevere Miller. Xaviers has also done a few small roles in television series such as Game of Thrones before being casted for the role of Artemis.

Though her character is not particularly a major one, Artemis has still managed to capture the hearts of fans all over the world, some even demanding a movie based on the adventures of Artemis and Apollo.

When asked about the topic, Xaviers let out a small laugh. "Yes, I have seen posts about that and people have also come up to me and say that they'd love an Artemis movie," she spoke. "However, as much as I would love for that to happen as well, I don't think that it would be done. Artemis is just one of those characters who doesn't need a movie about herself to show that she's amazing and all that. She just does her own thing."

Fans were saddened by the news but immediately understood and cannot wait for the demigoddess to come back on the big screen.

view comments . . .