xviii. | real life

"don't forget what i told you, alright?" gwen said, hugging arisa in the middle of the crowded airport. "just remember that you deserve happiness, it's alright to put yourself first. do what makes you happy and if tom is your happiness then do him."

arisa pinched gwen's arm, causing the latter to laugh. "i was kidding but you could really do that if that's what it would lead up to. but what i really mean is that take your chance, arisa. you're a great person, don't put yourself down all the time," gwen glanced at the boy a few feet away from them. "whether he likes you back or not, you'd never know unless you try to tell him."

"i'll miss you, you philosophical bitch," arisa muttered under her breath, causing gwen to roll her eyes. "wow, i leave again for who know how long and that what i'll get as a 'goodbye'? real great, arisa."

"i really don't want to give an entire speech here saying how much i'll miss you so take it or leave it." gwen scoffed, letting go of arisa. "alright i'll take it. however, i now have to speak to lover boy over there."

arisa furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "i'm not going to steal him away from you, if that's what you're thinking. i just need to give him a few words. haven't really had the chance to give him the best friend talk."

arisa watched as gwen walked over to the boy she loves, seeing gwen say a few words which caused tom to blush and nod. gwen smiled at tom before jogging back to her curious looking friend. "it's nothing, just a few reminders to not hurt you and all that," gwen said, waving it off. arisa nodded in understanding.

"alright, text me when you land, alright?" gwen rolled her eyes at her friend. "of course i will, you worrywart." arisa brought her friend in for one last hug before seeing her walk into her terminal.

||

"so where would you like to go?" tom raised an eyebrow, walking beside arisa. "i didn't really construct a plan but i'm starving so maybe we can head to the food fair over there?" tom nodded, liking the suggestion.

arisa led tom to one of the stands, squeezing through the packed lot. once they've gotten their chosen meals, the two sat down on a vacant table near the corner.

"so what did gwen tell you back at the airport?" arisa took a bite from her burger, raising an eyebrow. tom shrugged, setting down his burger. "just the usual if you even dare whisper something harmful to arisa, i swear i'll be able to hear it and fly back over to where ever the fuck you are before you even get the chance to say another word, and she added something else but i've forgotten what it was."

"i'm guessing it's something along the lines of disobey my orders and i'll have your nonexistent dick on a stick," arisa snorted. "i think you actually got it spot on," tom replied, amazed. "she says that line to every boy a girl close to her is interacting with." tom laughed at the new knowledge. "has she ever actually done it?"

arisa thought for a moment before shaking her head. "no, but she nearly had." at this point, tom looked a little terrified. "would you care to elaborate on how she nearly put a poor bloke's dick on a stick?" arisa reminisced for a second before replying. "she found out that this guy was cheating on someone she knew and had done a few undesirable things and so in typical gwen fashion, she called the police on him and kicked his dick in front of the officers. mind you, she was wearing stilettos then."

tom grimaced at the thought. "i'd feel bad for the guy but i suppose he deserved it." arisa laughed before nodding. "yeah, he did. but apart from that, it never happened. just a slap to the face and a scolding."

"should that make me feel better?" arisa snorted at tom's question. "if you're planning on hurting me anytime soon then no, you should be absolutely terrified."

"i can never hurt something as beautiful as you, darling."

—♚—