lxxvii. | real life

arisa's palms were sweating, her breaths were shaky, and her heart felt like it was about to beat its way out of her chest and explode— extremely graphic but that was how it felt in that particular moment.

truth be told, she was scared— terrified, if you will.

not because she didn't want to be married or wasn't ready for commitment, no. she's loved the boy for five years and has been dreaming of this day since she was a little girl.

arisa was scared that tom was the one who felt as if he wasn't ready, as if they were rushing too quickly into things. sure, he loves her— or so he claims— but feelings could change overtime, right? tom was only 26, his career was still up and running. he's got fans around the entire world and people he loved dearly who are counting on him.

arisa was scared that he would come to his senses and abandon her, finally tired of carrying all her problems on his shoulders. she was scared that tom would get tired of being tied down to her— hell, he can barely even handle her. what more if they had kids?

"arisa, come out from there. what's taking you so long? we still have to get you ready and we only have an hour and a half left." the bride jumped up, startled by her sister's voice. arisa quickly grabbed a few tissues, attempting to wipe away the stray tears that fell down her face.

she twisted the doorknob with shaky hands, quickly catching everyone's attention. victoria rushed over to her daughter, holding arisa's face in her hands. "are you alright? do you feel sick? you could sit down for a while if you think you're coming down with something," the older woman spoke, concern evident in the way her words came out.

"i'm fine, just a little scared," arisa tried to smile at her mother reassuringly but was positive she had failed. "don't tell me you're regretting your decision to get married," victoria frowned. arisa shook her head in denial, "no, no. i'm not, mum, don't worry. i'm just scared that tom is."

a sudden knock was heard, and arisa looked around the room with a puzzled expression. "are we missing someone or did anyone order room service?"

estella cleared her throat, directing all the attention to her. "actually, i told gwen to come fetch tom for you. i figured he'd be able to calm you down."

arisa stayed silent, not knowing whether she was thankful or embarrassed. victoria gave her daughter a smile and a nod, urging her to walk toward the door.

as arisa neared the entrance, gwen's head poked inside, letting herself back in. "you have a minute, be careful and don't let him see you— it's bad luck." the two females shot each other a smile, gwen moving to help the other bridesmaids get ready while arisa walked closer to the door.

"i'm sorry that you had to come all the way here," arisa told tom quietly, the piece of wood separating the couple. "i don't know if that's a sorry that i had to go up one floor or a sorry because you think i'm being forced to go on this journey and marry you," tom replied.

"both? i don't know anymore," arisa confessed which earned a sigh from her fiancé. "darling, i really do want to marry you, alright? if i didn't, then i wouldn't be standing here with this stupid door blocking me from seeing you. if i didn't want to marry you, then i wouldn't have given as much effort as i did in our relationship, nor would i have given you that ring. you don't have to worry about me or what i do in my profession. my family comes first and that includes you, with possible future additions." arisa could imagine tom's smirk along with the teasing tone he used at the end and that made her smile.

"please don't cry, my love. don't get me wrong, you would look beautiful in whatever you do but i think you'd prefer looking your absolute best on our wedding day, especially with all the photographs that are going to be taken. please don't second guess this. you do know that i love you, right? and i wouldn't be where and who i am today without you. i'd be a complete wreck if i ever lost you. don't even think for a second that i could make it without you. i love you and that's not going to change, no matter what happens," tom spoke with complete sincerity.