lxxxiii. | real life

arisa felt like she was about to die and frankly, she would take that over being in labor any day. it felt like her insides were being twisted up and ripped apart— slowly, and painfully. it was no doubt, the most excruciating experience she's ever felt by far.

"tom," arisa gasped out, "where's my husband? i can't do this without him." she clenched her eyes shut as another contraction washed over her, the pain was starting to feel unbearable.

"he's coming, he's coming," gwen reassured her best friend, "the traffic is really bad outside but he'll arrive soon, i promise."

the soon to be mother nodded, tears starting to form in her eyes due to the pain. suddenly, the doors bursted open, quick footsteps echoing through the room. arisa felt a hand hold hers tightly while a kiss was being pressed to the top of her head. tom sent gwen a quick yet grateful smile, the female nodding in response.

"i'm here. i'm right here, love. i'm so sorry that i wasn't at home and that it took so long to get here," tom whispered while rubbing circles on his wife's knuckle.

"it's okay, tom. it's fine, you don't have to apologize for anything. you're here now and that's all that— oh, holy fuck!" arisa yelled out, her back arching as she felt yet another contraction.

"you've got this, darling, yeah? you've got this and i'm right here with you. you can do this," tom told arisa, her hand squeezing his so tightly, it's a wonder it hasn't broken yet. "we're going to be able to see our little girl soon, you can do it."

"thomas stanley holland, i am going to fucking murder you!" arisa screamed as another flash of pain zapped through her entire body, squeezing her husband's hand a little tighter. "it's okay, darling. you're doing so good. just a little longer," tom whispered as he brushed arisa's hair away from her forehead, the two of them sweating profusely.

"i hate you," arisa muttered, "you're the reason why i'm going through this, fucking shit—," she cut herself off as she screamed, not knowing if she could take it any longer.

and after what felt like days, soft cries ricocheted throughout the room, and several voices talked over one another.

arisa panted, her chest rising and lowering as her heartbeat quickened. she felt tears prick the corner of her eyes as one of the nurses handed the small child to her.

"oh my god— hi there, baby. hello, princess," arisa cooed, tears falling freely down her face as she held her daughter for the first time.

"tom, she's so beautiful," arisa whispered as she touched her newborn's cheek lightly. the baby's eyes were wide and bright— a dark shade of brown. even at that moment, it was obvious that she would look a lot like tom.

arisa turned her head slightly to look at her husband, a small smile on her face as she saw tears falling down on his face. "she looks just like you," arisa spoke up.

"she's as beautiful as you and i'm pretty sure she'll have your smile." arisa laughed softly at the thought as tom leaned down to press a soft kiss on her forehead. "i'm so proud of you, darling."

"ma'am, we're going to need to take her away to clean her up," one of the nurses said as she moved closer to the bed in order to take the little girl away. "you can take a rest, she'll be there when you wake up."

||

a few hours had already passed but arisa was still fast asleep. it was clear that the young woman was exhausted— anyone would be after they had just pushed a baby out of their body.

tom watched his wife as she slept, his heart fluttering with joy and pride as his hands clasped hers. since the time he found out that she was going under labor, tom quickly rushed over to the hospital as quick and as safe as he could, needing to see and be there for arisa.