lxxii. | real life & instagram

"arisa, come on. you've been scrolling through that damn camera roll since we arrived. i know you miss tom but i didn't think you missed him that much," gwen snorted, pulling arisa out of her trance who looked at the photo on her phone one last time before locking the screen.

"i'm sorry but can you blame me? you can't go here acting as if you don't miss harrison as well," arisa sighed while gwen groaned. "i miss him, yes, but we've only been gone for two days. we'll get to see them in a week."

"but a week is too long when i spend nearly everyday being with him," arisa whined, making gwen laugh at her childishness. "alright, show me what got you to stare and zone out for ten minutes," gwen told her best friend, sitting down on the bed beside her.

arisa raised an eyebrow but unlocked her phone anyways, showing gwen a photo of herself and tom taken the morning after their first anniversary, back when both of them looked like rudolph the red-nosed reindeer.

"this was taken what? two years ago? wow, both of you look dreadful," gwen commented, earning an eye roll from her best friend. "we were both sick, tom insisted the night before that we dance in the rain."

"you what?! this was your first anniversary, right? you told me nothing much had happened!"

"yes because you asked if we had any action, if you get what i mean and i said that we didn't! that was your only concern that night, not whether we got ourselves wet— and it's not the kind you were thinking of."

"you could've told me what else happened! now, what song did you dance to? was it under the moonlight with the raindrops dancing on your skin?" arisa rolled her eyes at her friend's teasing tone, shaking her head. "it wasn't exactly romantic, if that's what you're expecting. you know his lip sync battle, right? with zendaya? his singing in the rain-umbrella mashup."

"he did not— oh my god, arisa! so was it like a strip show but in the rain?"

"no! gwen, no! get your head out of the gutter," arisa said frantically, almost yelling. "it was a fun time, and you can have that without any suggestive gestures. he and i just danced the routine in the rain and it was all fun."

however, gwen pursed her lips and raised an eyebrow, as if she didn't believe that what arisa was saying was all that happened but decided to leave the topic. it was clear that arisa wouldn't say anything else.

"well, i suggest that we stand up and get out of this hotel room because i think that we have a beach appointment to get to," gwen changed the topic and arisa's jaw dropped as she stood up quickly. "oh, crap! i'm so sorry, i forgot about that! i'm going to get ready really quick, i swear."

gwen laughed at her best friend, leaning further into the bed which obviously surprised arisa. "you know what? i think that we should stay in here for a little while longer and order room service. we can head up to the beach in the afternoon. we can watch a few movies, maybe spider-man so you can see the person you would clearly rather be with right now."

"oh don't be bitter, gwen," arisa grinned. "you know you're the greatest friend in the entire world. tom doesn't compare to you but i can't help myself! i want to talk to him but he seems busy. i don't want to be a distraction from whatever he's doing."

"arisa," came gwen's warning tone. "i swear, if you even think that tom's cheating on you or something, i will not hesitate to throw you over the balcony."

"i'm not! i just said that he seems busy, that's all."

"he's about to wrap up the filming for spider-man 3, right? maybe that's why he's so busy. you know how stressful the last few weeks could be, people trying to finish everything so it could all be edited and released on time."