all alone {part 1} | jerry baynard

request by parmida7706 — such a good idea btw!! tysm!!

you just moved to avonlea a couple months ago, but you still had no friends. every day you'd go to school, then go home. WITHOUT talking to anyone.

another boring day was starting. you walked to school alone with a forever tired look on your face. as you walked in the door, you noticed there was more chattering than normal.

you hung up your coat and looked around. soon you spotted a fiery head of hair. it's a new girl! perhaps a chance for you to finally make a friend.

you quietly stepped up to the girl, your hands shaking the whole way. the girl turned around to meet your gaze, and smiled a very toothy smile.

"hello, i'm anne, spelled with an e, and i'm ever so pleased to make your acquaintance! may i just say that your hair is an absolutely scrumptious color! your complexion is ever so fair! i wish i could look like a princess like you do!" the crazy haired girl exclaimed. she vigorously shook your hand, while you giggled the whole time.

"thank you very much. i'm y/n y/l/n, and you do look like a princess!" you replied. she grinned.

"why thank you! i'm new here, can i please sit by you? i'm sure diana won't mind."

"that would be amazing!" you exclaimed. no one had ever chosen to be your table partner.

you both sat down, and class started. mr. phillips didn't seem to like anne too much. at lunch, you two sat with the other girls. because of anne, you started to become accepted by others.

"y/n, would you like to come over after school?" anne asked you. you grinned and nodded.

"that would be lovely. i've never had a bosom friend before!" you exclaimed. anne leaned forward and embraced you. wow, so this is what having a friend feels like.

as you two walked home, you played pretend, like you two were lost princesses, trying to find camelot. you were princess alexandria, and anne was princess cordelia. you two twirled and danced until you walked up to the cuthbert's residence.

"come, i want you to meet jerry," anne mused.

"who's jerry?" you asked.

"he's the farmhand here. he's french," anne whispered loudly. you two stepped into the chilly barn.

"bonjour, anne. and you are...?" a boy said. his brown hair was disheveled under his cap, and his dark eyes met yours. he was cute.

"uh, i-i'm y/n," you said slowly. how long has it been since you talked to boys? cute ones, at that...

"bonjour, nice to meet you," he replied. anne saw the looks you two were giving each other.

"i'm going to do my homework. you stay here and talk to jerry, y/n." you looked at her as she skipped off.

as you and jerry talked, you realized he was exactly like you. his family doesn't have a lot of money, you both don't have the best clothes, and you both don't really have any friends. except for anne.

months passed, and you two got closer. you would go and hang out with him every single day after school. you started to grow feelings for him, unknowing of his feelings for you.

but one day, that all came crashing down. your mother informed you that your family was moving to new york. new. york. you had to leave, and you didn't know when you'd be back.

how to tell jerry...could you even bear to tell him in person? he's your best friend, and you love him. how could you do that to him, to yourself?

but you decided to tell him in person anyways. after your last day of school, you slowly walked to anne's house. it was the longest and saddest walk of your life.

"bonjour, y/n, how was your day?" jerry asked you upon your arrival. you burst into tears, and felt as if your heart fell out of your chest. jerry quickly rushed to your side, and wrapped his arm protectively around your shoulders. you both sat down.

"what's wrong, ma cherie?" jerry asked you. you smiled at the nickname. it mean my sweetheart, and it made your heart melt.

"jerry, my family's moving to new york. i'm leaving tomorrow," you choked out. he removed his arm from your shoulders, and stood up.

"no. you're lying," he stated. you continued crying and shook your head.

"i don't wanna go," you sobbed. "but my parents are making me." he looked away from you and sniffed.

"i hope to see you again," he managed to say. you stood up and touched his arm. he turned and tightly held you. you cried into his shoulder, and you were pretty sure he was crying to.

"i hope to see you too. goodbye mon soliel," you said.  it was true. he is your sun, your light, and now you have to go.

you quickly left the barn, wiping your tears as you ran.

little did you know, you broke jerry's heart, breaking yours in the process. this was the worst thing you've ever had to do in your entire life.

——————————————————————
a/n - part two coming soon!! it broke my heart writing this!! get hype!! not really!! going to cry forever!!