¡freak! | cole mackenzie

request by @Maisuliini

y/n was a freak. to be honest, she wasn't a freak at all. everyone just thought she was. she loves writing and being alone, and that is fuel for teasing.

she writes about magic, about faraway lands where dragons roam, about knights and castles. she writes about different worlds, places she'd rather be other than the avonlea schoolhouse.

"hey! freak! we're going to play spin the bottle!" billy andrews yelled at y/n. she stood up from the corner she was sitting in, shut her notebook, and made her way to the group.

she caught eyes with cole mackenzie, the other freak. he enjoys drawing, and all the boys tease him for being too 'feminine'. y/n doesn't understand why everyone was so cruel.

"okay...josie, your turn," billy said as everyone sat in a circle. she spun, and it landed on charlie. they kissed, and everyone cheered and giggled.

"how about the writing freak goes next?" josie mused. everyone laughed as y/n leaned forward. she twisted the bottle, and it slowly turned around and around. it landed on billy.

"no way. i'm not kissing that freak!" billy exclaimed. everyone laughed, except for cole. y/n noticed h clench his jaw, his face turning a little pink.

"i'll kiss her," cole said quietly. everyone turned to look at him. josie's face turned sour.

"great, let the freaks kiss," she said sarcastically. cole slowly stood up and met y/n in the middle of the circle.

cole's hands shook as he cupped y/n's cheek. at his touch, her face turned red, and she put her hands around his neck. he smiled, and leaned in.

the kiss was perfect. their lips moved in sync, and y/n's face turned an even brighter shade of red. she tightened her grip around his neck, and he smiled in the kiss.

when the two pulled away, everyone sat motionless. josie rolled her eyes, but there was hurt behind the anger. rumor has it she had a crush on cole.

"cmon, let's go," cole whispered to y/n. the two picked up their books and ran out the door, hand in hand.

the two walked in silence. y/n pondered on what to say. she wanted to say a few things. starting off, she wanted to thank him, and ask why he offered to kiss her. so she decided to talk.

"cole, thank you," y/n said in an almost whisper. he turned to look at her, and tightened his grip on her hand.

"for what?" he asked. he raised his eyebrows.

"for not laughing at me when they called me freak, for offering to kiss me when billy rejected me. just...you've been really sweet." cole's face turned pink.

"well, i mean, i like you, so why wouldn't i be sweet?" he asked with a mischievous smirk. y/n's heart stopped.

"you...you like me?" y/n asked, awestruck. he laughed.

"yes i do. why, are you surprised?"

"well...no one would ever like me. i'm a freak," y/n said with a shrug. cole stopped, causing y/n's wrist to yank backwards.

"i'm a freak too! and you're so amazing, i don't even know why billy would reject you! you're so gorgeous!" cole exclaimed. y/n flushed.

"no one's called me gorgeous, much less pretty. thank you cole. and i like you too," y/n said with a wink.

cole pulled her hand towards him, and she stumbled into his arms. he let go of her hand and snaked his arms around her waist.

"can i kiss you?" he asked, inches away from her lips. she nodded, and they leaned in for their second kiss that day.

as the two freaks walked home that day, they realized for the first time that they were not alone.

—————————————————————
a/n - sry i don't ever rly know how to end these 😂😂