005

Chapter Five

We bent the corner and walked towards my house in silence. I sighed and picked June up since he was lacking behind me to follow August.

He looked back at August and I took out my house keys. I felt his eyes burning a hole in my butt so I stopped walking remembering I had on spandex shorts.

"Why'd you stop," he asked walking up next to me.

"You were staring," I mumbled inaudibly to him.

"Huh," he asked confused.

"Nothing," I said continuing to walk.

Once we reached my porch I turned around still confused about something.

"How did you know where I live?"

He rubbed the back of his head with one of his hands and shrugged his shoulders.

"Lucky guess?"

"August," I chuckled lightly.

"So are you 'gonna open 'da door or are we 'gonna stand here and listen to yo cute laugh?"

"Cute is for kittens," I told him as I rubbed June's head.

He mumbled something I couldn't hear so I shrugged it off. I put June down and pushed the door open.

I turned around to see August standing at the door holding the stuff.

I didn't really realize how much I had him carrying from the pet store to my house.

"You know I could have driven us there? Right," he asked stepping into the house, about to set the things on the chair.

"Oh no not there, this goes in my room," I said reaching for the stuff. He moved it making me frown.

"I got it ma. Where ya room at in dis piece?"

He walked up the stairs. I took June off of his leash and closed the door before locking it.

I sighed and walked up the stairs behind him. He was standing in the hallway looking around.

"Third door on the right," I said from behind him.

He started walking and I walked behind him. I opened the door for him and he walked in behind me.

I turned around and grabbed the stuff out of his hands. I sat his dog bed in the corner near my window and his bowl next to it.

I put his toys in the bed and put his shampoo into my bathroom. I came back to see August standing by the door. I put the dog food in my closet and closed the door behind me.

Well, this isn't awkward.

"So you wanna play a board game?"

"Oh 'fasho ma."

I chuckled and pulled out trouble, Monopoly, and Uno.

"We can play Uno," he said playing with June.

"Draw four color blue," I said putting down a draw four.

"Draw eight color green," he said putting a draw four down too.

"Draw ten." I put down a red draw two.

"Draw twelve," he said putting down a blue draw two.

"Draw fourteen," I said putting down a green draw two.

I was secretly hoping he didn't have any more in his hand because if he did then I would have to draw.

He looked at me and I chuckled. June was playing with his bone toy I got him in his new doggy bed.