009

Chapter Nine

One week later

Ava

I slipped on my black and white striped dress and curled my hair.

I put on some black Louis Vuitton pumps and my black and silver clutch.

I grabbed my perfume and sprayed some over my body. I did my makeup and looked at myself in the mirror.

I smiled and rubbed my hands down my dress. I turned around once I heard the hotel door open.

I saw August dressed in black skinny jeans, a black and white plaid button up, and his black Huaraches.

I swear he didn't even like them until he met me. I smiled at him and he looked me up and down.

"Where you goin wit dat on," he asked as he spun me around.

"Oh please," I said as I looked him up and down.

"Why you dressed like we going to the movies instead of an expensive restaurant?"

"Cause we is going to the movies," he chuckled.

I sighed not even knowing if I was ready for this yet.

"Maybe I wanna meet somebody," I said lowly.

"Nah maybe you don't," he said pushing me into the bathroom.

"Change," he said sternly before closing the door in my face.

I sighed and walked back out of the bathroom. I slipped my shoes off and put on my white Huaraches.

"Now I'm dressed like we're going to the movies."

"Whatever," he mumbled.

"Stop being a party pooper," I said fixing my curls.

"Come on Ava," he said as he grabbed June's leash.

June was getting bigger by the week and it seemed like he wouldn't stop growing.

Sooner or later he was going to need his own space. Cause he's getting pretty big and pretty fast.

I planned on telling August about my apartment application tonight.

We were going to see Stranger Things. We walked out of the room and I breathed in the smell of wine.

I shook my head and kept walking behind August.

"Pick me up August," I said, stopping in my tracks.

"What," he asked as he turned around.

"Pick me up," I said to him.

"Nah, 'luh mama, you good," he said as he walked away with June.

By the time he reached the elevator I was still in the same spot. I saw him sigh and he walked back over to me.

A huge smile plastered across my face as he held out his arms.

"Ain't 'yo dress gone come up, ma," he asked looking down at my dress that stopped mid-thigh.

"Right," I said looking down at it.

"Just carry me like you do June. In your arms.....or are you to weak," I said trying to get under his skin.

"Nah I'm buff," he said flexing his arms through his shirt.

"Really," I asked raising my eyebrows.

"Really."

He scooped me up and I giggled as we walked to the elevator. June walked in the front of us pretending to be a watch dog.