008

Chapter Eight

August 

I finished making my last drop and headed back to the trap.

I gave the boss his cut and walked out of the house with nine grand in my pocket.

I was low-key saving up for Ava to get into college. She don't know but I'm going to help 'ha chase ha dreams cause nobody else 'tryna help ha.

She deserves it, even if ha daddy or mama ain't in her life right nah, Aug ain't 'goin nowhere.

I'm going to be here forever. She the closest female friend I ever had who ain't tried to do something with me.

I know I said I didn't mind but it's kind of aggravating having girls always wanna jump on you. Never wanna have a real conversation.

They ain't worrying bout you. They get what they want and leave.

Ava ain't even like that. She low-key 'wifey material. She's everything I want in a girl but I can't find nowhere.

I ain't messing up this friendship for a relationship. No way. I really care for her and I can't let that go to someone else, but if she happy 'wit someone else then I gotta let ha go.

Like I told ha that night....whatever makes ha happy. If she smiling then I'm happy. If she ain't happy I'm going to try my best to make her feel better.

I drove up to McDonald's and ordered two twenty piece chicken nuggets with two large fries and one large Sprite.

I ordered a large Vanilla milkshake with extra whip and a small order of fries.

I pulled up to the first window and paid. I rolled up to the second window and looked up.

When the person turned around my heart dropped. Never thought I would have to see them again...never ever in my life.

I never thought I would have to speak to them or get anything from them. Basically I cut all ties with them and lived my life like I never knew them. It was going fine until today.

What if you saw the first person you ever loved at a McDonald's drive through window? Huh, 'sike. It was a chick I used to deal with back in 9th grade.

It seemed real until she cheated on me with one of the 'homies. I cut her off and I cut him....literally. I had to beat him up a bit and then me and her got in an argument.

I left her and never spoke of the situation ever again.

She looked at me in shock and fixed her posture. She handed me a cup holder and I took it from ha. I sat it down in the passenger seat and she handed me the bag.

I took it from her and she smiled at me. I nodded my head her way and she gave me a small wave of her hand. I was about to pull off when she called my name.

"August?"

"The one and only," I said before pulling off from McDonald's and pulling out into the busy streets of Compton.

I pulled up to Red Roof Inn and parked. I got out with the bags in my hands and pushed the door with my shoulder.

I nodded towards the desk lady and she nodded back. I walked over to the elevator with some people and got on.

Two people were going to the fourth floor and one person was going to the second.

Once I got off of the elevator I walked to Ava's room and used the key she gave me 'ta get in. Once I was in I seen all the lights off.