017

Chapter Seventeen

One week later

Jess and I walked into the hair salon ready to be slayed for our special day.

I been so anti-social over a dead beet boyfriend that I didn't realize me and Jess went to the same school. I guess Lucas does the same thing as August cause him, Aug, Chris, Kirk, Trey, and Mike all use the same black cards to buy expensive things when they don't pay in cash.

I sat down in the chair and my stylist, Jacky, walked over to me.

"What do you want today," she asked as she raked the comb through my kinky hair that's been mated down under a bonnet since I took out my sew-in.

"Side part," I said. She nodded and rolled the chair over to the sink. She rinsed my hair out first and then added the shampoo. She worked her fingers through my hair as she washed it out.

I closed my eyes and allowed her to work her magic on my head. She rinsed the soap out and put some more shampoo in my hair, washing it out a second time.

Once she finished washing the second round of shampoo out of my hair, she wrapped a towel over my head and rolled me over to the salon chair.

She took the towel off my hair and seen how it looked as it shrunk. She parted my hair in small sections and added the conditioner to it. She worked it all together once she finished.

She held the blow dryer over my head and combed through my hair as it dried. Once she was finished she braided my hair down and rubbed some oil on her hands.

She ran her fingers through my braids and all over my head. She started from the back and started to see in the Brazilian beach waves that I ordered a few weeks ago.

She stopped on she got to my closure and looked at it so far. She finished and I looked at my head in the mirror. She put some edge control on my edges and swooped them with the comb.

She took a picture and smiled at me.

"How much," I asked pulling out my wallet.

"For you? $150?"

I handed her the money and walked over to her makeup artist. She smiled at me and sat me down in her chair.

I closed my eyes and about thirty-five minutes later, she told me to open my eyes. I was gorgeous honey! The only thing I did not have on was lipstick...I told her not to put some on.

"$100," she said taking a picture of me. I nodded and paid her before giving her a hug.

"See you later Nadia," I said to her.

"Have fun tonight," she laughed.

"See you later Jacky!"

"Bye sweetie!"

I walked out of the hair salon and over to August's car. He smiled one he seen me. He locked the doors and I got in. He leaned over and kissed my cheek.

I blushed and put my seat belt on. I put some lip-gloss on and looked at myself in the mirror. I u locked August phone and went to his Snapchat...that he never uses.

It's just pictures of me through his memories. I took a few pictures and my song came on the radio. I smiled and started recoding myself.

"Say lil bitch you can't fuck wit me if you wanted to
These expensive these is red bottoms these is bloody shoes
Hit the store I can get em both ion wanna choose
And I'm quick cut a nigga off so don't get comfortable."