010

Chapter Ten

Three weeks later

I looked over at August as he moved things into the apartment. I sighed and went out to the car.

I picked up June and took him inside of the apartment. Prom was slowly rolling around and I didn't know how to act.

I didn't have a date because apparently he's no longer with any of us so I'm going alone.

I walked into the house and put June down. I put his dog bed by the kitchen entrance and put his bowl in the kitchen on the floor.

I walked to one of the two bedrooms in the apartment and put my things down on the bed.

I turned around to see August bringing in my suitcases. We hadn't had a real conversation for three weeks.

I walked around him and stepped out of the room. I wasn't going to talk to him first.

I stepped into the hallway when I heard him call my name.

"Ava come 'hea," he said lowly.

I turned around and looked at him.

"Hea," he said pointing between his legs as he leaned on the bed.

I walked over to where he was slowly and stood there with my arms crossed.

He sighed and picked me up, throwing me over his shoulder. He threw me onto the bed and laid down on top of me.

"Now 'dat I got 'ya attention....may I ask ya a question ma?"

I looked away from him and closed my eyes. I faked a snore and got comfortable. He sighed and I felt him get up off of me.

I slid off of the bed and walked out of the room. If he wants to ignore me then I can do the same. All he's going to ask is why I do it. So why bother.

I walked downstairs and looked around at all of the boxes in the living room. I bought some furniture a week ago and we moved everything in today.

Once everything was in a looked around at all the unpacking I had to do. I sighed and put all of the boxes in their designated rooms.

I walked into the living room and put some boxes against the wall.

I walked into the kitchen to two boxes of dishes. I low key just went to my parents house when I knew they were at work and took some of their dishes. They got enough.

I put the dishes in the dish rack and opened the fridge. It was completely empty except for June's milk that August always seems to make sure he has.

June is really big now and it ain't no more picking him up. He's almost fully grown and he ain't bout to throw my poor back out.

He's still my big baby though. I looked down to see June licking my bare feet. I laughed and moved my foot.

I grabbed the pot set that I ordered online and pulled the pots and pans out of the box. There were multiple spoons and stuff so I just put them in a drawer.

I turned around and jumped when I saw August in the kitchen doorway watching me. I rolled my eyes and turned back to putting the dishes up.

I wanted to put the pots and pans on the top shelf. I was trying to reach the top shelf so I stood on my tippy toes.

I still couldn't reach it so I looked around. August was looking at me through his shades. I shook him off and climbed on top of the counter.

I pushed the dishes in and climbed back down. I stuck my tongue at him and walked out of the kitchen.