011

Chapter Eleven

August Point of View

I walked into the warehouse with Ava on my shoulder. I saw two bags on the floor, four of my closest friends surrounding them.

Chris, Michael, Kirk, and Trey.

"So we bout ta do dis or not," I asked as I sat the bag on the floor.

"Who's this," Chris asked as he pulled a mask out of the bag on the floor and slid it over his face.

"This must be the shawty he always yapping bout when he come round," Mike said as he pulled his mask out of the bag and pulled it over his face.

"Must be cause she thick and fine just from the looks on this side," Trey said getting out two masks and handing one to Kirk.

"He act like he in love or something," Kirk said as he and Trey slid their masks on.

"It ain't 'een' like dat," I chuckled slipping on my own.

I put Ava down and she leaned her head against my chest.

"Ava," I said trying to wake her up.

"Hmm," she hummed with her eyes still closed.

"We here," I said. She leaned up and rubbed a hand down her face. She looked around at everybody and I slid the mask on my face.

She looked at me and her eyes got wide. She back up and bumped into Chris.

"'Wassup," he said nodded his head.

"Where am I? Did you bring me here to kidnap me," she asked looking over at me.

"Nah not really, but you gotta put dis on," I said throwing the mask her way.

"August I have my hair in a ponytail," she complained.

"Take it out," I said loading my gun. I passed an Assault Rifle to Chris and Trey and passed a Machine gun to Kirk and a Mini gun to Mike.

"But Auggy I don't want to," she wined.

"Yeah Auggy let her keep her ponytail," Chris joked.

"Yeah Auggy," Mike, Trey, and Kirk said at the same time loading their guns.

Everybody in the room laughed as Ava took out her ponytail and let her hair hang down. She slipped the mask over her head and fixed it, putting her hair in a low ponytail.

I heard cars roll over the gravel in the parking lot and looked at the boys.

"Let's play boys," I said as I pushed two more guns into my waist bands. I grabbed Ava's face as the guys grabbed more guns and bullets.

I kissed her cheek and pulled her with me. I hid behind a corner as her breathing hitched.

I put a finger over my lips and pushed her more out of sight. If something happened to her I wouldn't know how to live with myself after that.

I heard voices fill the empty room and laughter.

"It's crazy how they thought I was dead," a voice said. It was Wakeem.

"I thought he was dead," Ava whispered as her eyes began to water and she covered her mouth. I don't 'wanna say it but we might need to use her.

I couldn't really tell cause of the mask but I think she might be silently crying right now.

Ava leaned against my arm and I felt tears drip down my arm.

"Stop 'cryin, ma," I whispered. As much as I care for her I don't wanna get caught so I gotta comfort her.