018

Chapter Eighteen

Ava Point of View

I walked up the stairs behind August and he was already in the house. I giggled and walked into the house.

"Wassup boo," Jess said as she looked over at me. Jess and Lucas must have been waiting by the door.

"Hey," I said walking over to her. I gave her a hug and we walked down the hallway to my bedroom.

We walked into the room and my dress was laid out on the bed. I smiled and walked into my closet. I'm glad I took a shower earlier or I would have to wash off my makeup.

I pulled out my shoes and my crown. I looked at the time and it was getting late by the minute. It was now 8:20. I got time.

I sat my shoes down in front of the bed and put my crown on top of my dress. This year's theme was a Cinderella thing.

I walked back downstairs and the boys were playing GTA. I walked over to August and sat next to him. Jess sat on Lucas and he kissed her cheek.

I smiled. They were so cute. I watched August shoot at cops and he glanced at me.

"Wassup ma," he said as he looked at the TV. What he mean Wassup tonight is one of the nights he'll remember forever and he doesn't want to go!

"Oh nothing," I dragged out in a hug pitch voice.

"Stop playin 'wimme," he said pausing the game.

"Well," I said putting my finger on his chest.

"You don't want to go to prom....but I think you should go," I said.

"Who am I going to be giving the satisfaction of seeing ole Aug dog in a suit," he asked with a smirk on his face.

"Well I don't know," I said playing along.

"Maybe this girl named Ava Frost. She would be honored to have you as her date to prom," I smiled.

He sucked his teeth and rolled his neck dramatically.

"Oh no honey not her! She is not all dat," he said pointing his finger.

"Whatever," I laughed pushing his hand down.

"Nah but for real though we got business to handle tonight maybe I'll take you next year," he said going back to the game.

I frowned wanting to cry.

"But we won't be in high school next year," I said holding back my tears.

"Then I'll just take you to a dance somewhere then," he said shrugging his shoulders.

I scoffed and nodded my head, not believing what he was saying right now. After all his talk about wanting me to be his girlfriend.

I shook my head and stood up. I purposely stood in front of the TV.

"Come on ma, move," he said.

"No."

"Okay so it's getting weird in here so we're going to the guest room," Lucas said grabbing Jessica's hand and leading her down the hallway.

I stood in front of the TV with my arms crossed. He sighed and rubbed his hands down his face.

"Can 'ya please move," he asked me.

"Ugh....no," I said.

"Ava."

"August."

"A-va."