Breakdown

Bryce POV

I watched as she continued to shoot goals. Finally I decided I couldn't talk anymore. Just as she was about to kick the ball, I called out to her.

"HEY SOPHMORE!"

I must have startled her because this time the ball didn't go in the goal, but missed it entirely.

"Do you need help learning how to score soph-y? I could teach you, but I have better things to do with my life!" I yelled to her.

She turned to glare at me, before flipping me the finger.

"I'm surprised a little soph-y like youself knows what that means."

She turned and walked to the fence, hitting it slightly with her hand, causing me to jump back in  surprise.

"What the hell is your problem!?" she demanded.

"You are! You're disgracing the name of soccer by being on this field." I snapped. I knew I was being over dramatic, but I was just trying to find a way to piss her off.

"Oh fuck you! I can play on the field if I want to! And I bet I shoot just as good as any person who plays on this field!" she declared.

"I doubt that. The people who play on this field would have made that goal." I smirked

"You yelled at me which threw me off!"

"Real soccer players don't have excuses." I simply said.

She glared at me through the fence. I could tell I was getting close to setting her off. And when I did, I would just walk to my truck and drive off before she even had time to attack me. That would really piss her off! But it's not like she could really even hurt me. She is a girl after all.

"I would be ashamed if I were the one who taught you soccer. I would hate to have you as one of my players." I snapped.

The expression in her face changed from hurt, to pure anger. I knew I finally hit a chord with her. I smiled smugly to myself, waiting to see if she would yell or even try to strike me.

Summer's POV

I was trying so hard not to react to the stuff he said to me. Because if I did attack him, I would get suspended, and get kicked off the team. But after he spoke badly of my first coach I couldn't tak it any more. I slammed my fists against the fence so hard that I was sure I would break.

"SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH!" I screamed at him.

He jumped back and stared at me in shock before quickly recovering. "What's your problem, you psyco!? I was just talking about how your first coach sucked! You can't take that soph-y!?"

"DON'T YOU DARE SPEAK OF HIM THAT WAY!" i said through clenched teeth.

He raised his eyebrows in suspicion, "Why are you so defensive of your coach? Were you fucking him?! That's probably the only way you got on varsity, isn't it?!"

I beat my fists against the fence again, as tears stung my eyes. "NO! My first coach was my dad you asshole!"

I felt a lump grown I my throat when I said the word dad. I balled my hands into tight fists, my nails digging deep into the palm of my hand. I clenched my teeth together as tight as I could and glared at him.

"Why are you freaking out so much then?!" he asked.

"Because my dad was killed last year!" I cried out. My knees gave way as the tears flowed down my cheeks. I gripped the fence trying to stand up, but I couldn't as sobs ripped through my body.

"Shit..." I heard him curse. I felt the fence shake slightly, but I didn't know why and I didn't care. All the emotions I felt when my dad died came rushing back. I bit my lip trying to hold down the sobs, when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I didn't care who it was, but I hugged whoever it was instantly crying into their shirt. I felt strong arms wrap around me in a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry..." I heard a voice say.

I look up to see he's holding me. He had climbed the fence for me. Wait... Why was I even crying in front of him?! Why was I crying period?! I decided long after his death that I would always swallow my emotions surrounding his death and never speak about it. But why is it now, I was crying about my father, to someone I wasn't close to, and someone I hate? Why is it though that I feel safe in his arms right now?

I shake the thoughts from my mind and hug him tighter, because right now my emotions were raw and fresh. They were eating away at the sanity I tried so hard to have control of. Right now, in this mess of emotions I was in,  I need someone, even if that means my enemy.