Jealousy is a Terrible Thing

We jogged back to my house, laughing and debating over who's faster than who, who would have the best kick, and so on and so forth. We stopped at my drive way and stretched a little bit. "I actually had fun running with you." I admitted. I knew for a fact it made me feel better after the day I've had.

"I had fun too. None of the guys ever want to talk about soccer like that. Usually they just want to talk about school and girls. Which is fine and all, but it not at all interesting or fun." He admitted.

"I know what you mean. The girls never really talk about it either! Their always talking about boys, and shopping and blah blah blah." I said, running a hand through my hair.

"And you don't like any of that?" he asked with a grin.

"Of course I do! I just don't want to talk about it 24/7!" I said, throwing my hands up dramaticly. He chuckled at me.

"What's so funny?!" I asked poking his chest. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer, smiling down at me. "You're funny." He whispered, still chuckling.

 I knew my face was probably burning red from being so close to him. I swallowed hard and forced out a laugh. He didn't look away for a moment, and I thought I saw something in his eye's something... different. But he looked away before I could figure it out.

My phone buzzed and I pulled it out of my pocket. "Shit!" I said.

"What?!" Bryce asked.

"I totally forgot Britney and I were going to the mall today. She just texted me that she's pon her way over and I still smell from running!" I brushed the hair away that clung to my sweaty forehead. "She's gonna kill me!"

Bryce thought about it for a moment before turning to me. "I'll take full blame. Okay? Just go do whatever you gotta do to get ready and I'll tell Britney." He said to me.

I smiled and quickly ran into my house.

BRYCE POV

I sat on Summer's front steps, and wiped my forehead. I can't believe I was actually doing this. Why was I helping her out? I didn't know, but it must be the same reason it was so easy to talk to her, and how much fun it is to have her around. I took a large drink from my water bottle, and sat there waiting for Britney to come.

She pulled up moments later. She locked her car and started to walk towards the front door when she noticed me. She nearly jumped out of her skin. "What the hell are you doing here? Stalking Summer?"  she asked glaring at me.

"No, I was waiting out her to let you know Summer is running a little late." I said, rising to my feet.

She eyed me suspiciously, "Why would she have you, of all people tell me that?"

"Well if you don't believe me ask her yourself." I said stepping out of the way, already annoyed.

She pulled out a key and unlocked the front door. "You have a key to her house?" I asked, creeped out.

"Yeah, we each have each other's key, in case we forget our own key. Or in this case we suspect some junior has murdered the other!" she said pushing the door open.

"SUMMER!?" Britney yelled.

Summer peaked out from behind a door. "I'm coming! I'm just trying to find something to wear." Her hair was curled and she had light makeup on. Seconds later, she walked out in a pai of bleached jean shorts and a loose shirt that matched the blue of her eyes. I leaned against the door, aw struck by how beautiful she looked right now.

Summer finally notice I was standing her and nervously tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, "You okay, Bryce?"

"Yeah. I'm fine, just a tad tired." I lied.

"Well let's get going!" Britney said, looping her arm through Summer's and walking her to the door.

I followed them out, over hearing what Britney was saying.

"-maybe we can find you a date to home coming." Britney said.

"Yeah!" Summer said with a smile.

"So where are we going first to look for dresses?" Britney asked.

That was the last I heard of their conversation, before they shut their doors. I glare at Britney as they back out of the drive way. She was taking Summer to the mall to find a date?! What the fuck!?

Wait, am I... am I jealous!?