Questions and Postions

I walked down the hallways talking to Britney, “What did you guys do yesterday at practice? I asked. “Not much really. We ran through a few drills, and then she called it a day. Oh, she also told me to let you know there’s no practice today.”

“What?! Why?!” I asked.

“The boys are having a game today, and all the soccer coaches were asked to go and observe the team.”

“Ahh, I see.” I said disappointed.

“Did you take notes for me for first hour?” I asked, changing the subject.

“Yeah. Where were you anyways?” she asked handing me her notebook.

“My alarm didn’t go off. So I just got here about 20 minutes ago.” I said.

It was true. My alarm hadn’t gone off, and I oversleeps a good 3 hours. But I’m not as upset as I should be. I’m actually happy about it because that I didn’t have to see him. Britney continued talking to me but it went through one ear and out the other. I was snapped back into reality when someone ran into me. I fell, spilling my books and papers everywhere. I glance up to see him. My evil partner from German class. The boy who made me cry. The boy who hugged me until I stopped crying…

“Watch where you’re going soph-y!” he said, earning high-fives from his friends. I glared back at him. I guess were back to hating each other…

I quickly started to gather my papers with help from Britney when I noticed a folded piece of paper fall onto the pile. I glance up, but he was already gone. I stand up and hug my books to my chest, trying not to drop them. Britney and I part ways and I drop my books off at my locker. I glance around me and secretly open up the folded pice of paper.

Meet me at the bleachers behind the soccerfield after school

~Bryce

I shut my locker and shoved the paper in my pocket.

I walked outside going in the opposite direction of the parking lot and heading to the soccerfield. I saw him sitting on the bleachers. His head tilted up towards the sky, making him look so handsome.

Wait, what! No! I’m not supposed to have those thoughts! Especially not about my enemy!

“What was so important that we couldn’t talk about in the hallways, and that you had to do that to me in front of everyone?” I asked sitting on the bench. We had a perfect view of the soccer field. “Well, it’s clear that were stuck together for the next year, so I figured we could attempt to ‘bond’ outside of class in order to make working together less of a pain.” He said. I was glad he didn’t bring up yesterday.

“How are you suggesting we do that?”

“Well I have a game tonight, so why don’t you come and cheer me on.” He suggested, raising an eyebrow and grinning slightly.

“You suck on the field. Why would I want to watch you play?”

“You’ve never seen me play.” He pointed out.

“Well if you’re as bad at soccer as everything else you do than it’s not worth watching.”

He glared at me, “I’m trying to make this work and your just being a pain in my ass! Typical soph-y!”

“Fine! I’ll go to your game! Gosh… I wish you’d stop calling me soph-y. You don’t see me calling you junior.”

He rolled his eyes. I scowled at him. I glance over at the parking lot seeing a flash of yellow. Crap. I jump off the bleachers and start sprinting towards the parking lot

“Where are you going!?” He calls after me.

“MY BUS! I’M GONNA MISS MY BUS!” I franticly yell back

By the time I get there the bus is already gone.

“Ahh!”  I groan running my hands through my hair in frustration.

I look over to see Bryce jogging up next to me. “Did you miss your bus?”

“Do you see any busses left?” I asked, looking around the empty parking lot.

“No…”

“Then I missed my bus.” I sighed.

“I can give you a ride home if you want? But only on one condition.” Bryce offered, grinning at me.

“Well, I’m really in no area to turn down a ride at the moment, so what is your condition?” I ask.

“You come to my game tonight.”

I groan before nodding. “FINE!”

“Great.” He said with a smile.

He led me to his truck and I hopped in. “So who are you playing today?” I asked.

“Were playing Trenton.” He said as he pulled out of the parking lot.

“Trenton? There one of the toughest teams. Last time we played them, they gave two of our girls concussions and one broke her leg.” I stated, remembering the gruesome game.

“Yeah, picture that, but the guys…” he said.

“Crap…”

“Yeah.”

“What position do you play?” I ask.

“I play mid field, sometimes I play forward. But mainly midfield.” He explained.

“Ahh.”

“What do you play?” he asked.

“Forward.”

“Hmm…”

We pulled into my driveway.

“What time is your game?”

“6:30. So we have about two and half hours. Make sure you’re ready by 5:45, and I’ll come pick you up.”

“Alright.” I said. Before I shut the door I remembered something. “What should I wear?” I asked.

He thought about it for a moment. Then he pulled his jersey off, revealing his muscular body. He threw his jersey to me. “Wear this. I have to wear my away jersey anyways.” He stated. I gripped his jersey in my hand, but I couldn’t move. I couldn’t help but stare at his perfect body.

“Why don’t you take a picture, it’ll last longer.” He chuckled.

I shook my head to clear the fogginess and glared at him. I shut the door, and he drove off.

I couldn’t explain the feeling that I felt. But I knew that I was actually exited to see him later tonight…