La Da Dee

I walked back to Britney’s car in a daze. I had my first kiss! I had goose bumps up and down my arms. Brit unlocked the car and stepped in. “I saw that.” Brit said as she buckled her seat belt. “Saw what?” I asked innocently, blushing out of control. Brit gave me a serious look, an ‘Are you serious?’ look. “Our team saw it as well as the boys team.” She stated “So what? Is it bad that I kissed Bryce or something?” I asked, irritated at how she was trying to make me feel as if I did something bad. Like she was my mom and I was the kid that broke the cookie jar.

She gave me a small smile. “No, it’s not. You two look cute together, but I still don’t approve of you dating that jerk.”

“Were not dating.” I said looking out the window as she pulled away.

“Denial!” She said, in the same tone as the sharks from Finding Nemo.

“Were not dating, not yet.” I restated. I was happy, no doubt, but I was nervous. Nervous that things between Bryce and I will fall apart. Nervous that I will lose the one person that understands me. I felt the butterflies in my stomach die, and tie into tight knots.

“Do you think he’s gona ask you to homecoming?” She asked.

I gulped, that’s right, homecoming is next weekend. Homecoming week starts tomorrow. This week could make or break us.

“I don’t know.”

~*~*~

BRYCE POV

The boys had insisted  we had to go out and celebrate. We had finally beaten Trenton! After a 10 year loosing streak against that stupid team, we had finally won! I wasn’t one to refuse a good party but I had too much on my mind. But I’d put on a good face and hide it for my team.

After we had washed up, we all met up at the local bar and grill(Some of the guys could order beer and not get carded). I still wasn’t able to walk on my leg that got kicked so I broke out my crutches from when I broke my ankle last summer. When I pulled up my mind was clouded with images of Summer. I had kissed her. What does that mean for us?

Josh came up from behind me and slapped my back, “Good shot today man!”

I chuckled and followed him inside. I sat down next to Gus. He turned to face me, sliding me some union rings. “Thanks man” I said. The place was packed, and music was blaring through the speakers. And a few girls tried to get my attention but I ignored them. I was here for the team not girls. I knew that wasn’t the real reason I wasn’t looking at the girls…

“So is she your new girl?” Gus asked.

“Who?”

“That blonde sophomore that you’ve been spending all your time with.” He said.

“I don’t know.” I said, eating another onion ring.

“Dude don’t lie. I see the way you look at her. Hell, we all do. It’s like the only one who doesn’t see it is you.” Before I could respond the guys grouped around me as a lady took pictures of our winning team. I smiled, this was an awesome moment, but there was only one thing on my mind right now. After the picture was done, I stood up. I knew what I had to do now.