Chapter I

-1 Year Later-Lilac Town- (Y/n)'s POV-

Wow. A year really does go by fast. I'm eight now! The people in the village are so nice to me! I get to go to school and I even have a mommy and daddy and a big brother!
I've been practicing my magic every day since Aquaria left. I miss her, but I know that I will find her someday. Until then, I need to keep practicing so I can be the strongest mage ever!

-3 Years Later- Lilac Town- (Y/n)'s P.O.V.-

Lilac Town is in big danger. There is a dark mage right outside the gate, and I'm the only person in the village who can stop him. Great, right? The entire fate of Lilac Town rests on the tiny shoulders of a eleven year old girl. Okay. I've got this!
I walk up to the gate and the guards look at me. They seem unsure, but so do I. I nod at them, signaling to open the gate, revealing a man with red hair and a crazy look in his eyes. His aura... he seems powerful. At the sight of me, his hands lit up with a purple light. I engulf my hands in water and get into a fighting stance.
"Hey girlie, you really think that you can beat me? You look puny to me," the man says.
"Puny? I'll show you who's puny! Water dragon roar!" I shout, propelling a giant blast of water his way.
"Hmm... not bad for a child."
"Who are you calling a child?!" I shout. This guy is totally annoying. He runs toward me, that crazy look in his eyes still there. "Who do you think you are, creep?!" I say, dodging a punch.
"I'm Zyko, Lord of Fire!" He says proudly.
"Zyko? You sure you don't mean psycho?" I reply sarcastically.
"Why would my name be psycho? That's funny. You're funny, such a shame you're about to die," Zyko said creepily.
"Die? Not before you do!" I shout. "Water dragon iron fist!" I scream, running at him. I strike him right between the ribs, and dust flew up all around him so I couldn't see him. The dust started to fade away, revealing an unscathed Zyko. "W-what?" I say, backing away. His whole body engulfs in purple flames. Suddenly I hear, "Shattering Flame Blow!" I crossed my arms in front of me, trying to cast a protective enchantment- too little, too late. I scream in pain and collapse, severely burned. "Hmm...pathetic. And here I was thinking that you were actually a challenge. This won't be the last you've seen of me, girlie. If you live, that is." And with that, Zyko threw down a purple flame, slowly eating away at my village.

-A Few Minutes Later- Lilac Town- Third Person P.O.V.-

A man with dark hair happened to be passing through the forest at the time and saw the flaming village. The man was a mage, so instead of running away from the flames, he walked towards them. He arrived at the gate and saw a young girl with (h/c) hair and burns all over.
"She's a mage. I can sense her magic power. I have to take her out of here," the man said to himself. He carefully carried her to a cave and tended to her wounds the best he could, but she wouldn't wake up. The dark haired man picks her up and takes her to his guild, Rabbit's Foot.

-TIMESKIP TO WHEN THEY ARRIVE AT RABBIT'S FOOT-

The man enters the guild. "Oi! Where have you been, eh? Was the job to hard for the all-powerful Jaro?" a man, clearly drunk, shouts, causing the guild to erupt in laughter.
"No. I found this girl near Lilac Town. The whole village was in fire, she was the only survivor. She needs medical attention. Now," Jaro explains. "Where is Laya?" He asks.
"She should be in the infirmary. Do you have any idea who this girl is? What happened to Lilac Town?" another man asks.
"No. But I can sense a strong magic from her. It is more than likely that she is a mage. And a powerful one, no doubt." Jaro takes Y/n to the infirmary, where a teal-haired woman is standing. "Laya. I found this girl near Lilac Town. The whole village was in flames. I've tended to her wounds the best that I can, but she won't wake up. I sense a strong level of magic energy in her, so she must be a strong mage. Can you help her?" Jaro asks. Laya examines the young h/c haired girl.
"Her physical wounds do not look too severe... I'll see what I can do. I'll have to ask you to leave though," Laya says. "Very well then. Good luck, Laya." Jaro exits the infirmary.

-LAYA'S POV-

There is no doubt about it- this girl is a mage. There is a very strong magic energy radiating from her. From what I can tell, she was injured in a battle... most likely with fire magic, judging from her injuries and what Jaro has said about Lilac Town.
I have tried many things to wake her up, but she remains unconscious. I'll have to tell Jaro that there is nothing I can do. There is one way she might be able though... crystal enclosure. She will be in that crystal for a long time though... it is the only way that this girl could survive. I'll ask Jaro if he is willing to help with this. I open the door of the infirmary and enter the guild hall.
"Jaro! I need to speak with you. About the girl." I walk back into the infirmary, Jaro following me.
"What is it Laya?" He asks me. I sigh.
"If you hadn't found her, this girl would be dead by now. She almost is. The only way she could survive is through crystal enclosure. While she will remain asleep for a while, it will keep her alive. What do you think?" I ask. Jaro looks conflicted.
"We have to do it. This girl... she is strong, I can tell. She could do many great things in this world. I have a place where we can do this. Near the village of Magnolia."