Chapter IX

-STING'S POV-

Y/n, huh? Definitely a cutie. Her magic energy... there was so much power radiating off of her- is she really that strong? Maybe the rumors are true then. Only one way to find out.
If not for those pathetic fairies, she could've been in my guild, where she could be even stronger. That guild is the only thing holding her back.
I wonder if the missing members of Fairy Tail will ever return, maybe if they do one day, I could finally beat Natsu! Hmm... I should probably get back to the inn. Master Jiema would be furious if I didn't show up on time. I'm looking forward to the Grand Magic Games this year. Even more now that I know Y/n is competing.

-Y/N'S POV-

Sting and Rogue: the Twin Dragons of Sabertooth. One, arrogant as heck, the other calm and collected. Both really cute. Oh boy. Walking around Crocus, I hear some strange noises coming from an alleyway. Yes, I know. Dark alleys and strange noises aren't exactly the greatest combination. I probably shouldn't go over there, but oh well. I cautiously walk over to the dark alley and the noises seem to be getting even louder. I notice that the trash cans are being moved around a bit... "Hello? Is there someone there?" I ask. More rustling. "Do you need help?" No response, more rustling. I power up and get into a battle stance, a blue glow glowing around my hands. I kick one of the cans aside and see a small ball of gray. I get out of my battle stance and the blue glow goes away. I nudge the ball with my foot and it moves. "A cat?" I say quietly. The gray cat lifts its head, revealing two big, blue eyes staring into my E/c ones. "Hey buddy, I'm not gonna hurt you," I said, cautiously moving toward the little fur ball.
"Who are you?" Woah, woah, woah. Did this cat just talk. I blink.
"Wait. Did you just talk?" I ask. I'm shook.
"Yeah? Who are you?" The cat asks.
"My name is Y/n. Do you have a name?" I ask.
"No..." the cat replies. Looking around, I see a restaurant with a sign for miso soup.
"Well, how about Miso?" I suggest. Yes, I know. I'm naming some random talking cat after some soup on some random sign, I'm aware.
"Miso... I like it!" The cat says happily. "Do you have an owner, or can I keep you?" I ask.
"No. I'm just here. I'd love to go with you! You seem really nice," The cat says. "Yay! Come here cutie!" I say holding out my arms. The cat jumps up and two wings pop up from Miso's back. Wait, wings?! On my cat!? I've officially seen it all.

 Wait, wings?! On my cat!? I've officially seen it all