Chapter XIX

-THIRD PERSON POV-

"Twilight Ogre? Oh, the last place guild? Yeah I heard some people saying they attacked Y/n from the Fairy Tail guild!"
"Well that was pretty dumb of them. She's one of the strongest mages here, and she's competing in the Games. Didn't they know about the security guards?"
Y/n just stood there for a moment. Some people in the audience looked shocked. Y/n, however, knew that this would happen. It's stated loud and clear in the guidelines: there was to be no fighting between guilds- especially not in the arena.
"Well it serves them right! They wouldn't have won anyway," Romeo laughed.
"Yeah, they should have seen that coming. Attacking me was completely out of the rules and uncalled for. Well, maybe not uncalled for. I did kinda mop the floor with them a little while back. But how petty can they be? That was like two years ago and they're still not over it," Y/n stated casually while beginning to open up her cake box.
"Wow Y/n, are you really going to eat that whole cake all by yourself?!" Jet and Droy exclaimed.
"Watch me."
"She's just like Erza!" They both exclaimed. "Just a little less scary..."
"So Lyon beat that girl from Mermaid Heel? Not too surprised, seeing how strong he is. I've never met an ice mage before," Y/n said through a mouthful of cake.
"Well we had an ice mage, remember, Gray? We told you about him. The stripper dude," Max said.
"Oh yeah! I remember now. Was he strong too?" Y/n asked, clearly intrigued.
"Definitely. He made into the S-class trials on multiple occasions. He joined the guild when he was younger," Macao explained.
Y/n hummed quietly, eating another forkful of cake.
"Well that concludes Day One of this year's Grand Magic Games! Tomorrow we'll have a whole new set of events for you to watch! You can also watch the highlights from today's events using our projection lacrimas, which are sold outside the arena! The current standings of the guilds are currently being projected. If your favorite guild isn't doing so well, fear not! Today is only day one, and we still have more events for your favorite competitors to take back the crown! Tune in tomorrow for more magic action!" Mato exclaimed.
Hmm. I wonder what events they'll have tomorrow? I probably won't be competing unless Fairy Tail is in the battles, but something tells me we're going to be battling last. Let's take a look at the standings of the guilds...
Y/n thought to herself.

Sabertooth: 20 event points
Fairy Tail: 16 event points
Lamia Scale: 16 event points + 10 Battle points
Mermaid Heel: 7 event points + no battle points
Quatro Cerberus: 6 event points
Blue Pegasus: 6 event points
Twilight Ogre: disqualified