Chapter XX

-Y/N'S POV-

     Day One of the GMG was eventful, to say the least. I tied for first with Sting in Escape and totally blew the crowd away. Then I got attacked by some idiots from the Twilight Ogre guild. It's almost as if they never read the rule book for the games. Fairy Tail is tied for second place with Lamia Scale, not counting battle points of course. Those egotistical tryhards of Sabertooth are in first place. For now.   
     And so Day One is over, and here I am, peacefully walking through the streets of the flower-blooming capital Crocus. Peaceful is what I say now, but honestly, I just need to stop jinxing myself.
     "Wow! It's Y/n from the Fairy Tail guild! She's so cool!"
     "Her performance today was outstanding! I didn't realize how powerful she was before, but the second she stepped onto the battlefield for Escape, I could feel the crazy magic power from her!"
     "Yeah! I'd say she's even stronger than Sting!"
     "Y/n! Can I get your autograph?!"
     "Hey! Me first! Can I take a picture with you!?"
     Gosh hecking dang it.

-STING'S POV-

     First place. We'd better keep it up. All the signs are pointing to the fact that I will probably face off with Y/n in the very last battle of the week. Because let's be real, that's how it always works.
     My plan is to make a bet with her. Since I am clearly superior to her in every way, I'll challenge her. If I beat her (more like when I do), she had no choice but to join the Sabertooth guild. Because of her pride, she won't be able to refuse. If she's any bit decent, she wouldn't back down from a fight- especially when her guild's name is on the line in front of this many people. It's a foolproof plan: she could never beat me anyway. Not with those pathetic fairies at least. The whole GMG crowd and staff definitely can sense the tension between Y/n and I, so it's practically guaranteed that we will be put up against each other. This plan will definitely work.

-Y/N'S POV-

     Well that was scary. There were so many people! I really just need to stop jinxing myself.
     I heard that Crocus has a really nice library with books about the different guilds in Fiore, so I thought that I'd go there to try to read up on Fairy Tail and the other guilds. Maybe I could find out some more about Sabertooth... we'll see.