Chapter XXIV

A/N: Okay so here's the actual new chapter. Sorry if I spammed you with notifications, but I think I figured out the order of the chapters. If you guys catch anything off in any of the chapters please leave a comment here or just dm me. This account is now open for dms as I recently verified my account info. Thanks for your continued patience and enjoy this chapter :D

Sabertooth: 20 event points
Fairy Tail: 16 event points
Lamia Scale: 16 event points + 10 Battle points
Mermaid Heel: 7 event points + no battle points
Quatro Cerberus: 6 event points
Blue Pegasus: 6 event points
Twilight Ogre: disqualified
Here's a quick reminder of the current standings of the competing guilds ^^

-Y/N'S POV-

Good morning GMG! It's Day Two of the Games and I am hyped! Even though I'm not actually participating today. Now I'm starting to regret taking the very first event... the events can be fun to watch, but it gets boring when you aren't in them.
Either way, I have no choice but to sit by and watch. With the stunt that Twilight Ogre pulled, my guildmates and I have agreed that we should all stay together in our designated team area during the events. Although I'm against it, I don't want everyone to worry about me.
Now that everyone from the different guilds has arrived at the arena, we are all set to go!
"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Day Two of your Grand Magic Games! Today's events will consist of a main event as well as a battle between two members of our competing guilds! You all in the audience will be able to keep up with your favorite competitors with our crystal clear lacrima vision! Now sit tight as we explain the main event for today!" Mata announced.
I wonder what the event will be. And who will be competing? Ah, I'm so excited!
"This event will be an obstacle course filled to the brim with different challenges for our competitors to face! The twist is that the course is in the sky! If you fall down or give up, you are out! Either the first person to finish or the last person standing wins!" the little pumpkin dude exclaimed as a glowing diagram popped up, giving a visual explanation.
Man, I wish I could participate in this one. Who will do it? Everyone in our guild began exchanging glances with each other.
"I'm gonna do it," Max stated with fire in his eyes. "It's my turn to win for Fairy Tail."
We all cheered him on as he walked into the arena.
(I am writing this on a plane so I really just went off of my memory of the participants... sorry if I'm wrong lol. Also I didn't add last names because I don't know them and can't look them up right now.)
From Sabertooth, we have Rogue!
From Fairy Tail, Max!
From Lamia Scale, Toby!
From Mermaid Heel, Risley!
From Quatro Cerberus, Bacchus!
And last but not least, from Blue Pegasus, Hibiki!
"Looks like we have some very strong competitors here! But who will come out on top?! Let's find out in Freefall!
Hmm.. looks like Max might have a pretty hard time getting first. Not that I don't have faith in him, it's just he's up against some really strong people. Rogue is crazy powerful and I've heard a lot about that Bacchus guy. This event will be pretty tough to get past. But I'm sure Max will do well!
"Now we'll begin by lining up our opponents!" Mato exclaimed. Max and the others were teleported onto a platform where one obstacle course appeared.
"Wait, I thought there were courses for each one?" someone in the crowd exclaimed.
"Yeah, but there's got to be some sort of twist you know? The Games would never be so boring as to stick to rules," another person laughed.
"So they are all going through the course at once? This would have been so much fun," I whined.
"Cheer up, Y/n! You already participated. And besides, you might be chosen for the battle portion today or tomorrow!" Jet said to me. I sigh.
"Yeah, I know. It's just so boring having to sit by and watch all of this happening when I can't do it myself!" I replied as I threw myself on a chair. Call me dramatic, but I'm bored. Bored. Normally when I'm bored I'd get up and practice my magic. Or read up in the spell book from Jaro. Or sleep. But I can't do any of that right now because I'm in the team area, I didn't bring my book, and it's too loud to sleep. Also, I've got to cheer Max on!
"Oh, did I forget to mention? All of our participants will be going through one course all together! Magic is allowed, so each mage May use their own power to take first. Any clear sabotage, however, will result in immediate disqualification and the violator will be given zero points for this event! Now, competitors, take your place at the starting line where your guild name is!" the little pumpkin announcer dude cheered.
This event is going to be epic! I hope Max does well. Honestly, I'm really excited to see Rogue on the event too. I've heard of how strong he is, but he's more on the quiet side and doesn't really brag about his power. Unlike someone ahemSTINGahem. Sorry, I just have this really bad cough it's just ahemSTING. Sorry.