Chapter VI

A/N: Yeah, I know that 8 Island's grand opening was later in the anime, but let's ignore that... heh...
I just thought it would be fun to add. Also, you're pretty much gonna look like Wendy in the uniform :)

-AT 8 ISLAND-

Hmm... this shouldn't be too hard, right? I probably just have to serve people. I look over the flyer again. This should be the place, I say to myself. What a cute little restaurant! This job is gonna be a breeze. Well, here goes nothing!
"Excuse me? Are you Mister Yajima?" I ask an old looking man,
"Why yes, I am. How may I help you?" He asks.
"I'm from Fairy Tail," I say pointing towards my guild mark. "I'm here for the job request you sent out. What can I do to help?" I ask politely.
"Well, this is perfect! I'll grab a uniform for you. Wait here," he says, going to the back. When he comes back he is holding a bright orange strapless dress, an apron, a little white headband thing, and some long socks. Wait. I'm supposed to wear this? Oh geez... "Here's your uniform Miss... um. What's your name?" He asks. "Y/n L/n,"  I reply. He nods and hands me my... uniform. Keep in mind that I am only 11 or so and have a small... erm... chest.
"Now, Y/n. You may go get dressed in the dressing room in the back. Come back here once you're done and I will show you what you need to do." I nod and head to the dressing room. The dress fits perfectly... How? I don't know. I tie the apron around my waist, pull on the long socks, and put the maid headband thing in my hair. Okay, Y/n. Do it for the jewel. Do it for the guild. Pushing my pride aside, I put my things in a cubbyhole and walk out to where Mister Yajima told me to go.
"Okay, Y/n. You are going to be taking the customer's orders. Just ask them what they want to eat and write it down on the notepad. When you're done, clip the order on this line and take more orders. Be sure to be polite and smile," he says, handing me a notepad and pen. First order. Here we go!

-THIRD PERSON POV-

You walk up to the nearest table, where an elderly couple is sitting.
"Hello! My name is Y/n, and I'll be your waitress today. What can I get for you two?" You ask, smiling at the couple. "Well aren't you cute as a button! We'll take two coffees and two slices of strawberry cake," the woman says kindly.
"Of course! I'll have your order out shortly," you say cheerfully. You clip the order onto the line and go to take some more orders. You got many compliments and a few tips here and there. The uniform wasn't as embarrassing as you had originally thought, you were actually kind of getting used to it. Many people didn't seem to take you seriously, but you did your best to be polite like Mister Yajima has told you. After a long day of taking orders and serving food, your shift is finally over. You change back into your normal clothes and return your uniform to Mister Yajima.
"Thank you for your help Y/n. You did wonderfully today. Here is your reward," he says, handing you a bag of jewel. "Thank you Mister Yajima! If you need any help here, just give Fairy Tail a call!" You say cheerfully. You bow and exit the restaurant and head back to the guild. Today was a long day. You just woke up from a hundred year sleep, joined Fairy Tail, defeated Twilight Ogre, and took your first job, all in one day. When you returned to the guild, everyone welcomed you and asked about your job. Since it was getting sort of late, you decided to accept Macao's offer and stay in the Fairy Hills dorms. You were definitely going to find your own place though, just not yet. You are only 11 after all.

 You are only 11 after all