Chapter X

-MISO'S POV-

Hi! I'm Miso, Y/n's talking cat. Also, I can fly!
"You can fly?!" Y/n asks me.
"Yup! I use this magic called 'Aera' so I can fly!" I chirp.
"O-Okay... Well, it's getting kind of late, so I need to get back to the inn... Let's go!" She says happily. Hmm... maybe I can carry Y/n! I wrap my tail around her stomach and fly up.
"Woah!" She exclaims. "So where's the inn?" I ask.
"Two blocks away from the arena," she tells me.
"Alright! Let's go!" I shout as I speed up. "Ahhh!!!" She screams. After a minute, I can feel my magic energy draining.
"Y/n? My transformation is almost up. We're gonna have to land here!" I say as my wings start to fade away.
"Wait! Right now?!" She exclaims. Poof! My wings are gone, and now we're falling.

-Y/N'S POV-

This is it. I'm going to die, falling from the sky. I brace myself for the impact of the hard ground, but instead, I feel two arms around me.
"H-huh?" I stutter. I open my eyes to see two blue ones staring back at me. "Hey, cutie," The person says, and I immediately recognize him.
"Sting?" I ask. "The one and only," he replies, smirking. I jump out of his arms and brush myself off.
"Where's my cat?" I ask. I look around and see Rogue walking towards me, he's carrying Miso!
"Y/n!" Miso shouts, jumping out of Rogue's arms. I run towards him and pick her up.
"You okay, Miso?" I ask.
"Yup! This guy caught me!" Miso exclaims, pointing at the dark haired dragon slayer.
"Thank you so much, Rogue!" I say while doing a quick bow.
"Same to you Sting!" Sting smiles. Huh? A genuine smile from Sting Eucliffe?! "Well, it's not everyday a cute girl and her cat falls out of the sky," he smirks. "C-cute?!" I exclaim. Sting laughs.
"Well, 'catch' you later," he says, and Rogue gives a small wave.
"Bye," I wave.
"Sorry about that, Y/n..." Miso says sheepishly.
"Don't worry about it. Let's just head back to the inn before Master gets upset... again." Miso dropped us pretty close to the inn, so we didn't have to walk too far to get there.
"Hey Master!" I exclaim walking into the lobby area.
"Y/n! We were worried sick about you!" Laki says.
"Sorry about that... But I have good news! Guys, meet Miso! My new cat," I say motioning to my gray fur ball next to me. Everyone makes that little 'aw' sound.
"Hi! I'm Miso, Y/n's cat!" Miso chirps cheerfully. The whole guild looks shocked.
"She can talk?" Bisca asked. I nod. "Is something wrong?" I ask timidly.
"Well... Miso is just like the exceeds our other dragon slayers had... Can she fly by any chance?" Wakaba asks. I nod hesitantly.
"Just like the other exceeds... Happy, Carla, Lily..." I hear a few mumble.

" I hear a few mumble