a pretty belated 15k special

Wow. Sorry for the hold up on this chapter. Ya girl has been pretty freaking busy. I'm writing this authors note before I've even started the special chapter so I honestly don't know what's gonna happen. I guess we'll both find out huh. As the year progresses, I feel as though I'm going to be even busier than I already am and might slow down on my updates. But as far as I'm concerned, I won't be dropping this story anytime soon. If you want more updates from me and for upcoming chapters and even a potential new story, I tend to post a lot of things on my conversation board and alert my followers when I do so. So if you want to hear more from me and give your input on my stories in a more direct way, follow me! This is a shameless self promo, but oh well lol. Anyway, to the special chapter! Enjoy ;)

Note: this is a modern AU and it has absolutely nothing to do with the plot of the actual story. It is a Sting x Reader scenario btw, so enjoy!

-Y/N'S POV-

3:27am...
Why am I still awake? For some reason, I've been having more and more trouble falling asleep as of late. It's not even like I've been on my phone that much. I've actually been reading for a while. It's clearly not working for me.
I read in some random tumblr article that chamomile tea can help with stuff like this so I guess I'll give it a try.
I make my way to the kitchen of my apartment to make some tea. Not to spill the tea though. Hah... I'm hilarious.
As Im about to turn on the light, I notice a blond stranger just chilling on my kitchen counter eating straight from a jar of Nutella.
I'm confused on a quite a few levels.
First of all, what the heck. This dude definitely doesn't live here.
Second, how in tarnation did he get in? I'm literally on the fourth floor in this apartment complex.
Third, how did he get that Nutella? It's not mine... I finished mine two days ago while binge watching Marvel movies illegally on the internet. I mean... not illegally.
"What the heck," I said. The dude immediately jolts his head in my direction. I flick the light switch, at least I can see this guy now.
"Okay, this probably seems really weird, right? I can explain," he says.
...
...
"Okay so I can't explain."
I subconsciously pull my shirt down. I clearly wasn't expecting company so I'm... um... not exactly wearing pants.
"Okay... just give me a second," I say and quickly run back to my room.
Um, yes, I just left some random stranger on my kitchen counter, if you were wondering. He is irrelevant to me. I am going to put on pants now. I grab some athletic shorts and put them on under my oversized shirt. Wow. Am I a vsco girl yet? All I need is a hydroflask, some scrunchies, and Birkenstocks. Maybe not then. Anyway, now to deal with the situation at hand. Back to the kitchen I go.
"Oh wow, you're actually still here," I comment to the Nutella boi.
"Yeah... I figured I'd try to explain why some attractive guy was in your kitchen," he smirked.
"Okay then. Go ahead," I reply.
"Yeah so I kinda got in a fight in that alley across the way and suddenly became the next American Ninja Warrior and climbed up here," he shrugged.
"Really now?" I asked.
"Okay kinda. I did get in a fight, but I used the fire escape thing. Your window was the only one open so I kinda just hopped in. It was so quiet in here I assumed nobody was home, but here I am now. In a kitchen of some cute girl's apartment," he winked at me.
Oh boy. He's one of those guys. Oof. I'm going to ignore that.
"So... you gonna introduce yourself, or am I going to have to call you Nutella dude?" I ask as I walk over to the cupboard to grab the tea bags.
"Sting Eucliffe. Does this sort of thing happen to you often? You seem pretty calm about all this," he started, hopping of the counter, slightly wincing. "I mean, what if I'm dangerous?" he said.
"You better not be quoting a Tik Tok," I said.
"Then pretend I didn't say that. Anyway, what's your name?" He continued.
"Y/n L/n. Pleasure to meet you. And no, this has never happened before. I'm just really tired and don't really want to do anything other than sleep right now sooo, yeah."
"Okay, fair enough. Might I ask, do you have a first aid kit?" Sting asked me.
"Yeah, I do. Are you hurt or something?" I ask.
"Yeah, it's not that bad though. Just a few scratches," he casually stated.
"Uh huh. It's probably a little more than that... you seem like you're in pain. Let me grab the kit, I'll help you with the bandages," I said, filling the kettle with water and putting it on the stove to boil.

-STING'S POV-

Okay so I may have under exaggerated my situation. The fight thing was completely true, I just didn't tell her the whole story.
I was coming home from my part time job and ran into some dudes beating up another dude. So blah blah blah, I stepped in, like the hero I am.
However, it didn't work out, seeing as there were like four dudes there. I'm just one dude. And to make things worse, they took my freaking wallet so now I'm just some broke guy that's chilling in some random girl's apartment.
At least I'm still good-looking.

-Y/N'S POV-

Jesus Christ. I'm such an idiot for putting the first aid kit in a tall shelf. I'm short.
It took a while to find something to stand on, but I eventually grabbed my desk chair, yeeted all of the stuff off of it and used it as a ghetto ladder.
Anyway, I got it. I wonder just how serious this guy's injuries are... I'm definitely not a trained professional, but I have taken some first aid classes throughout the years. But still... I hope it isn't too bad.
"Sting! I got the first aid kit. So, where are these 'scratches' exactly?" I asked.
He starts pulling his shirt off.
"Holy crap! You can't just do that!" I exclaimed, covering my eyes.
"What? It just so happens that this is where I'm injured. If you're too blinded by my looks, I can just do this myself you know," he casually said.
Slowly peeking out from behind my hand, I notice that he's more than just a little hurt. He's completely beaten up!
"Woah... you call these scratches?" I ask, examining the cuts all over him.
"Here let me help you clean that up... here! Here's a cloth... wipe off the blood, okay? Keep pressure on it. I'm gonna get the rubbing alcohol and bandages ready," I said.
"Alright... let me see... Okay. This is gonna sting a little. Maybe a lot. I'm sorry," I winced, pouring the rubbing alcohol on another cloth and applying it to one of the cuts. Sting immediately recoiled and winced.
"I'm sorry! Did it really hurt?" I ask worriedly.
"I should be asking you," he said.
"Huh? What do you mean?" I asked tilting my head.
"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?" He said. That one definitely caught me off guard. Not having enough time to think of something to say, I blush hard and turn the other way.
"Ah, come on! That one was good!" Sting exclaimed laughing.
"Let me just finish cleaning this," I mumbled, still flustered.
After I cleaned the wounds and bandaged them, Sting finally put his shirt back on. Finally. It was getting a little awkward... he's a really attractive guy, if I'm being honest.
"Thanks for that, Y/n," he said gratefully.
"It's no problem, really. Umm... do you have your phone?" I ask.
"Oh wow, Y/n. Asking for my number already?" Sting winks at me.
"N-no!" I exclaim. "I was going to ask if you had anyone you could call. You know, any friends or family nearby?"
He checked his pockets for his phone and eventually found it. But he was definitely not going to be making any calls. The entire screen was shattered.
"Crap..." he muttered.
"Uh, I have a guest bedroom... you could stay for tonight," I blurted our without thinking. What the heck am I thinking? I can't just have some random stranger staying in my house!
"Really? Would you really let me stay here?" He asked. Now I definitely can't say no.
"Yeah! It's totally okay with me. I mean, did you think I was just going throw you out on the streets with those injuries?" I joked.
" I dunno. It was definitely a possibility." We both laughed for a second there. He's really cute...

-STING'S POV-

She's pretty freaking cute. Like, dude. She's cute. I'm honestly really grateful she's letting me stay for the night. I really don't have any way of contacting anyone I know... and at this time of night? Well... morning, technically. Nobody would answer anyway. Well, maybe Rogue. He's usually up pretty late. He's practically nocturnal anyway.
Either way, I don't know anyone in this area. It's a really good thing I chose to climb through this window and not somebody else's.
"Hang on a second. I'll be right back," Y/n said. I nodded in reply. She walked off in the
direction of what I assume is her bedroom.
A minute or so later, the h/c haired girl returns. In her arms are a couple of blankets and pillows as well as some snacks.
"Here. The comforter in the guest room isn't too warm and it gets kind of cold at night so I brought this for you. And some food in case you were hungry. Do you like chocolate?" She asked. Dang. She's adorable.
"Yeah, thanks for all of this. It means a lot," I said flashing a smile at her.
"Well it's pretty late so we should probably try to get some sleep. Good night, Sting," she smiled.
"Good night, Y/n," I replied.

And that's the end for now! If I have the time, I might write a part two. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed! This special chapter is over one thousand words long, so there must me some errors. If you catch them, please feel free to point them out in the comments- I promise I won't get offended lol. Anyway, thanks for reading! See you in the next part!