Chapter VIII

-TIMESKIP TO THE NEXT MORNING, MACAO'S POV-

Y/n better be here soon, the games start tomorrow and we need to get to Crocus today to check into our hotel. It seems like she's always late for everything. She has only been in this guild for two years, but she is by far our current strongest mage. She is on the path to being able to beat Natsu or Gray, heck, she may even be on the same level as Erza soon. We still believe that Team Tenrou is going to come back, and I believe that Y/n will really get along well with them.
The rest of the guild has been ready for nearly an hour, and Y/n still isn't here. Just as we were loading up the carriages with our luggage, our favorite water dragon slayer bursts through the guild doors, same way she did yesterday and most other days.
"Sorry I'm late again Master... I slept in... again" she said sheepishly. Sighing, I reply,
"It's all right. At this point, I'm sure we're all used to your punctuality." Some of the guild members laugh. "You can put your stuff in the wagon, we're about to head to Crocus right now. Fairy Tail is gonna be amazing!" Romeo exclaims.

-TIMESKIP TO WHEN THEY ARRIVE IN CROCUS, Y/N'S POV-

Wagons suck. I was able to sleep though most of the ride though, so that's good. I really need to figure out a way to fix my motion sickness... maybe there's a spell in the book Jaro left me? I'll check later.
Right now, I need to focus on doing my best at the Games for the name of my guild. After checking into our hotel, I decide to explore the city, seeing as it is my first time here. There are so many people here... all of them are here for the Grand Magic Games.
Most of them are sporting merchandise of their favorite guilds, many of them were wearing clothes with the Sabertooth guild symbol... is Sabertooth really that popular? Doesn't matter anyway, I'll definitely beat them! Their Twin Dragons, Sting Eucliffe and Rogue Cheney are around my age and are rumored to be incredibly powerful... hopefully I'll get to fight one of them. It would be nice to fight someone my age who has similar magic and power level. I did take on a whole guild at the age of 11 after all. Taking them on shouldn't be too hard- I'm actually really excited! While walking around, I come across a huge crowd of cheering people. I wonder what's going on? Pushing my way through the crowd of people (many of whom are taller than me), I see two boys giving autographs. Could they be the Twin Dragons? As I was thinking this, I make eye contact with the blond one and look away quickly. He's actually kind of cute... "Hey, you!" He says. I look up to see him looking at me. He walks towards me. "Me?" I ask. "Yes you. I've heard of you. You're that girl from Fairy Tail, the one who took down all of Twilight Ogre, right?" He asks me. "Yeah, that's me! You're from Sabertooth aren't you? I've heard of you too," I reply. There are a bunch of people staring at us, but I really don't mind. I'm pretty used to it, actually. "Yeah. I'm Sting Eucliffe and this is Rogue Cheney, but I'm sure you already knew that," he says motioning to the dark haired boy next to him. Hmm... he seems pretty arrogant, but I can see something else. "Y/n L/n. I'm looking forward to the Games. Maybe we'll be able to test our strengths?" I ask. Sting laughs. "You? Against us? You sure you can take us on?" I look up at him. "Yeah. You don't seem like too much of a challenge. Besides, I took on a whole guild when I was 11. Since then, I've been training every day, so I'm pretty confident," I smirk. The crowd looks really shocked. I guess not very many mages have the guts to stand up to Sabertooth. "Well, we'll see about that, Y/n. It's a shame a strong mage like you is in such a weak guild. You'd be much better off in Sabertooth." Rogue looks at me and I send him a small smile. He walks up to me and quietly says, "Sorry about Sting. It's just... he gets really competitive. Sorry." I smile and reply, "It's fine. He's so... arrogant. But you... you seem nice. It was nice to meet you, Rogue." "Same to you, Y/n."

"