Morning Sickness

A/N: This takes place on May 27, 2018 for those of you who want to keep up with how far along Y/N is in the pregnancy 

 11 weeks 6 days

"You've only been away for three days and I already miss you," you smiled sweetly to Tom over FaceTime. You could see some of his fans in the background, pointing and waving to him. Tom had gone to a Comic Con event in the U.S. and was flying straight to Berlin from there to begin filming the Spider-Man sequel, and you planned to catch a flight at 10am the next morning to meet him there.

"Well thankfully, I will literally see you tomorrow and after that, you're stuck with me for ten weeks." he chuckled, eliciting a small grin to form on your lips before you shoved another chip from a fast food bag in your mouth. "Those good, darling?" his chuckle turned into a full laugh as he made fun.

"Shut up, your child makes me famished. I literally am eating all the time," you scolded playfully.

"I seem to remember that it definitely took two of us to make that child," Tom winked causing a warm heat to rise to your cheeks.

"Uh huh," you rolled your eyes at him, "what time does your flight get in tomorrow?" you inquired, changing the subject.

"I am leaving almost directly after my panel today and I should be there around 3pm CET tomorrow. If I'm doing my math right, I should be there about an hour after you." He stated, looking away from the phone as someone spoke to him. "Okay, darling, I have to head out and do some more photo ops, but I will send you a text before I board the plane, okay?" He smiled, turning his attention back to his phone.

"Okay, I love you." you sighed softly.

"I love you too," he rushed before hanging up the phone.

You didn't want to tell Tom that you had been feeling ill for the past couple days, worrying that he may make you stay home until you were better and, to be honest, you had never been sick in front of him before when you weren't completely drunk. You had been spared the horribleness of morning sickness ever since you fell pregnant, but you feared that the blessing was over. You were nauseous almost all of the time, but thankfully you were yet to actually throw up anything. You continued to eat your chips through the stomach gurgles because you knew you had to eat for the baby.

Late that night, you heard the chime of your phone and you groggily held it up, the bright light causing you to flinch. After reading it, the phone thumped back onto the nightstand as you groaned and rolled over to fall back asleep.

When your alarm went off at 6:30am, you were unprepared for the wave of nausea that hit you the second you opened your eyes. Since you were alone in the bed, you rolled over to Tom's side, which was closest to the bathroom, and leapt up, hoping to make it there in time. You bent over the toilet and the supper you had yesterday came up swiftly. You groaned, holding your stomach, letting the wave of sickness pass. You dry heaved a few more times since there was nothing left in your stomach to come up. When you finally felt like it was over, you took a deep breath in.

"Shit," you whispered, standing up slowly and moving over to the sink, looking at yourself in the mirror. This was officially the worst time you could have gotten sick because Tom's mom was coming over to drive you to the airport in an hour. You turned the tap on, cupping your hand to pull some water up to your mouth cringing at your disheveled state. You lifted your toothbrush to brush away the disgusting taste that lingered in your mouth, being careful not to make yourself gag anymore. After a quick shower and a few more close calls with the nausea, you were dressed and ready to get moving. You heard your phone ring and you knew it was Nikki who was probably waiting outside in the car. You texted her swiftly, saying you were on your way down. You grabbed your cup of chamomile tea and your suitcase before locking the door behind you.

"Hey sweetie!" Nikki greeted you as you walked up to the car.

"Hey!" You smiled, not wanting her to see how sick you still felt. You placed your suitcase in the trunk and joined Nikki in the front.

"You alright, darling?" she inquired right when you sat down. How in the world could she read you so well?

"I'm fine, just a little morning sickness. I'll be okay," you said truthfully as she put the car in drive and began down the street.

"Oh dear, I remember those days. When I was pregnant with the twins, I must have been ill at least twice a day for the first 5 months," she sighed, "the tea should help. We should probably stop and get you some air sick bags just in case," she finished. You really appreciated Nikki since your own mother was so far away. She was the only one who knew exactly what you were going through and even though you loved Tom, he couldn't tell you exactly what to do in these types of situations.

You arrived at the airport 90 minutes before your flight was set to depart. You gave Nikki a quick hug and kiss before you headed off to security. You spent a while waiting in line and you tried your best to not think about the feeling bubbling up in your tummy. You didn't want to lose your place in line because you had to run to lou to throw up.

You finally made it to the gate and your flight had just begun boarding. You quickly found your seat in first class, because Tom wouldn't have you fly any other way.

"Champagne, miss?" the gorgeous, blonde flight attendant asked, leaning forward with a glass.

"Oh, no thank you. I'm pregnant," you reply, smiling sweetly at the woman and naturally folding one arm across your stomach.

"I'm sorry, dear, but congratulations! Can I get you anything? Some water? Ginger ale?" She continued politely.

"Ginger ale would be lovely, thank you" you reply, hoping the drink would calm your tummy.

The flight was only an hour and a half from London to Berlin so you spent almost all of the time reading your parenting books. You weren't as nauseous any more, thankfully, but as you came closer to seeing Tom, your nerves kicked in. Throwing up in front of him was not something you were comfortable with. You didn't even like being sick in front of your own mother.

You took a deep breath as you exited the plane, smiling again at the sweet flight attendant from earlier. You stepped through the gate into the airport and you looked up from your phone to see Tom standing there, a big grin on his face. You gasped, walking over to him quickly.

"I thought you weren't going to be here until three," you smiled, pecking his lips softly as he embraced you.

"I had the flight times mixed up, we got here about 20 minutes ago," he replied, still holding you against his chest. Just then, a wave of nausea, similar to the one from that morning, came over you.

"Oh no," You gasped, causing Tom to pull back as you pushed against his chest.

"Y/N, wha-" he started, but you had already made a beeline for the restroom, which, thankfully, was right across from your gate. You made it into the white room just in time before leaning over the large trashcan and upchucking the blueberry muffin you had that morning as well as the ginger ale. The three or four women in the bathroom all looked at you sympathetically as you were bent over. You sighed, knowing that you couldn't hide the fact that you just threw up from him now. You made your way to the sink, avoiding eye contact with everyone as you swished some water in your mouth and spit it back out.

"Hey, what was that?" Tom asked sweetly as you made your way back over to where he was sitting.

"I, um, got sick," you replied, avoiding eye contact with him and not wanting to go into the grueling detail.

"I figured that, love." he chuckled, wrapping an arm around your shoulders and leaning into you. "Tell me what's wrong," he whispered into your hair.

You sighed softly, figuring that since he already knew, it would be easier just to tell him the truth.

"I've been having some morning sickness the past few days," you replied, looking up at him in embarrassment.

"Is that all?" he chuckled, then pulling you in for a real hug. "I thought something was wrong with you or the baby. Don't freak me out like that," he continued, squeezing you tightly before releasing you so you could head to baggage claim to get your suitcase.