Baby Names

A/N: This takes place on June 12, 2018 for those of you who want to keep up with how far along Y/N is in the pregnancy 

14 weeks

After Zendaya found out you were pregnant, it was only a matter of time before Tom spilled the beans to Jacob as well. It had been six days and Zendaya was already talking about babysitting the little one when it arrived and Jacob was already referring to himself as 'Uncle Jacob'.

You had grown accustomed to calling your baby it because there was still at least three weeks before you guys could get a definitive answer on if you were carrying a boy or a girl, but you had your share of opinions on what your family and friends think the baby would be.

Zendaya was convinced that the baby was a boy and she wasn't shy about telling both you and Tom.

"It has to be a boy. Tom wouldn't know what to do with a girl since he has only ever had brothers. The universe wouldn't do that to him."

Both Jacob and Harrison were adamant that the baby was a girl. Harrison has a niece and he is just partial to girls and Jacob doesn't have a reason other than his "intuition" as he calls it. You are pretty sure that the three of them have bets going on with Tom's brothers about what they think the baby will be.

Tom has told you so many times that he doesn't care if they baby is a boy or a girl, as long as its healthy, but you know he wants a boy. He would be able to teach him sports and he still has all of his old clothes and toys from when he was a kid that he could give to his son.

You couldn't lie, you had thought about the possibility of both genders in the time since you found out you were pregnant and you had even began thinking about names. You and Tom had yet to have the conversation about what you would name your child, seeing as he was working almost non-stop lately, but you couldn't help but let it cross your mind.

You were a bit partial to the idea of having a little girl ever since that dream you had right after you found out you were pregnant. You had to say, you had never remembered a dream as well as you remembered that one and every night, you hoped to get a visit from the little one inside you again.

"Dad!" you heard the cracking voice of your thirteen year old son as he barreled down the stairs of your simple suburban home on the outside of London. You were packing a cooler for your two guys as he emerged from the stairwell and came into the kitchen. His brown curls were falling over his face and he flipped his hair to the side before adjusting his football uniform so it was tucked into his shorts. "Mum, have you seen Dad? He said we could run some drills in the garden before my game," he asked, his Y/E/C eyes furrowing in confusion.

"Yeah, bud, I think he's getting your ball out of the car," you smiled, shooing him out to the drive as you placed a sports drink at the bottom of the cooler along with a PB&J for between matches. You heard the front door shut and you saw Tom with an arm around your son as they headed towards the back of the house. Their matching uniforms melted your heart, Tom's spelling out C-O-A-C-H on the back and your son's spelling out H-O-L-L-A-N-D.

"Hey darling," Tom smiled as he placed a short kiss on your cheek before following your son out the back of the house.

"Boys, you have twenty minutes before we have to hit the road," you hollered after them, sighing in contentment.

You laid in the white, soft bed just moments after Tom's alarm went off. The sun hadn't risen yet, but the dawn was imminent as you looked outside at the periwinkle colored sky. Tom had gotten up quietly, unknowing that you were awake and you could see the light illuminate the wooden floors from the bathroom as he began to get ready for his long day of filming.

You sat up, waiting for him to emerge from the bathroom so you could tell him about the amazing dream you just had. You grabbed your phone, opening up a note you had titled "Baby Names". You made it for when you heard a name that made you feel that fluttering feeling in your stomach, like that could be the name of the baby you were carrying.

"Hey darling, I didn't mean to wake you," Tom smiled as the door to the bathroom swung open, illuminating the room in a soft yellow glow. He had a towel in his hands, drying his brown curls as he had just taken a quick shower.

"Its okay, Tommy. I actually wanted to talk to you," you murmured softly, sleep still interlaced in your voice.

"Yeah?" He inquired, shuffling over to the bed and plopping down next to you. The smell of his soap mixed with toothpaste filled your nose, making you smile because it was so him. He was leaning on one arm, gazing up at you and resting a hand on your small bump as he has been doing since you guys discovered it a few days back.

"So, I had a really good dream last night," you began, looking down at his crinkled eyes as he gave you his undivided attention in the lowly lit room. "I dreamt that we had a son and he was preteen age and you were his football coach," you smiled, knowing that Tom would love that.

"Really?" He grinned, rubbing his hand up and down your clothed tummy softly. You nodded in response, taking your own hand and placing it over his.

"I was really happy until I woke up and realized that I didn't know his name," you began again, making Tom cock his head to one side. "I want to start talking about names Tom," you finished, leaning back against the headboard of your bed and looking at him questionably.

"Okay, we can. Do you have any ideas?" he asked after a moment. Oh boy, do you.

"I may have a few," you chuckled, pulling up the list on your phone again. There was at least ten different names for each gender and Tom's eyes went wide.

"Fuckin' hell babe, you've really been thinking about this," he chuckled, taking the phone from your hand and looking over the list. You laughed too, realizing that you had been writing down a lot of names lately.

"How about we pick four from each list and then, once we know the gender for sure, we will decide?" You suggested, just so he could pick his favorites and contribute his own ideas to what you had come up with.

Tom nodded, putting on his thinking face as he read through all of your ideas.

"I like this one, and maybe the middle name could be Dominic after my dad?" He inquired, saying the full name out loud to see how it sounded. It actually had a great ring to it.

"I love that," you smiled, leaning close to him and reading the list with him.

"Oh and this one, maybe with my grandma's middle name?" you suggested, moving to the list of little girl names.

After twenty minutes of conversing about names and middle names, you had narrowed it down to four of each gender. You had spent so much time talking about it, that Tom realized that he was going to be late to set as he glanced up and saw the sun peaking over the horizon from the large window of the rental apartment.

"Shit!" He exclaimed, standing quickly and pulling on t-shirt and shoes quickly. You tossed him his phone off the night stand as he rushed to get everything together for the day. He was headed towards the door in a frenzy before he stopped and turned around quickly, leaning back over the bed and placing a chaste kiss on your lips and then one on your stomach.

"I love you!" he yelled back as he flew off the bed and ran out the door, shutting it loudly behind him. You sighed in contentment, raising your shirt up and rubbing your stretched skin softly.

"Your dad is such a goof," you laughed before pulling it back down and replacing the covers over your body to hopefully get a few more hours of sleep.