He Talks to the Baby

A/N: This takes place on July 17, 2018 for those of you who want to keep up with the pregnancy.

19 weeks

Sleep was something that you were becoming less and less familiar with as your pregnancy went on. Your growing stomach was now protruding outwards to the point that you were moving about for half the night and trying to find a comfortable spot to lay, which in turn, kept Tom awake since he was the world's lightest sleeper.

It was 3:19am, and you had finally fell asleep, but poor Tom was wide awake from your prior movements and he was scrolling through his Instagram. You were lightly snoring next to him, which, even in his exhausted state, made him smile to himself as he watched your side rise and fall with your breath.

His tired eyes refocused on the phone in his hands and his fingers prodded at his screen, clicking on the hashtag #BabyHolland2018 that he put onto his post the week before, announcing your little one to the world. He scrolled through numerous posts, many of them being his own post resposted on fan accounts, but a few of you out with Tom's mother caught his eye. You two had been spending a lot of time together while Tom was working all day and a fan must have snapped a picture of the two of you walking down the street and stopping for lunch.

The caption said "Look at Y/N! She's glowing oh my god".

The words made Tom's smile widen as his eyes traveled back to your unconscious frame next to him. The thin, white blanket was barely over your hips and Tom reached over, pulling it so it now rested just above your waist.

Another post zoomed in on your bump while you were holding a cup of herbal tea close to your chest and talking with Harrison when you visited set a few days prior.

The caption read, "Look at #BabyHolland2018 ! Tom's going to be such a great dad!"

His heart fluttered at the kind words of his fans as they talked about his little family. He had never loved anyone the way he loved the two of you in that moment.

He decided to lock his phone and set it to the side, the room's darkness encompassing him as he laid back down and scooted closer to your body. His hand grasped your hip underneath the blanket lightly, being careful not to wake you up. He ran his hand from your hip bone, down and across your bulging stomach, laying his warm hand flat over your t-shirt clad skin.

"I love you," he whispered softly. The soft sound of his voice brought you out of your slumber, but your eyes remained closed. You felt the bed dip down closer to your middle and Tom's body slid down so that his face was just above your navel. One of his arms wrapped over your waist and you felt his lips where his hand had previously resided.

You couldn't help the smile that came to your lips, but Tom didn't notice as he held himself as close to your growing baby as he could get.

"Hey, baby," Tom spoke lowly, trying his hardest to not wake you as he talked to your unborn child, but little did he know, you were listening and falling more and more in love with him with every word that he spoke. "I know you're only about the size of a tomato right now, and I don't think you'll be able to hear me for another 6 weeks, but just in case you can, I wanted to have a little talk with you," his voice rasped.

You wanted so badly to reach down and run your hands through his dark bed head, but you didn't want him to stop his little conversation.

"Your mummy and daddy love you so much and no matter what, I'm going to be here for you. You are so loved already little one. My-your grandparents and uncles love you too and they can't wait to meet you. Your uncle Paddy has already organized a bet to see if you're a boy or a girl, but mummy wants to wait another couple weeks before we find out. I just want you to be healthy. I know you won't remember this when you get here, but I'm going to remind you every day how much I love you and love your mum," Tom continued on softly, his lips brushing against your t-shirt as he held a conversation with the fetus.

Your eyes crinkled as you smiled widely and you decided to let Tom know you were listening in.

"I love you, Tom," you whispered as your hand moved some hair from his forehead. He jumped a bit before smooching your stomach one last time before ascending back up your body and making it to your lips.

His hands wrapped around your waist and pulled your hips into his as you kissed, teeth clashing as you smiled against each other's lips.